[Finished] $10,000 Y8 and id.net 1 Week Game Developer Contest!

Videos will be added, just a matter of backend processing, sorry for delay.

Regarding number of games : we filter out web player games in chrome or if you haven’t plugin installed (JS way on client side), might explain missmatch. Or might be side issue like caching, if not we’ll investigate.

1 Like

We are seeing some down voters on Y8 from game developers. Note that ratings are not counted towards judgements. We realize there are incentives to fake data, this is why the contest went with 3rd party judges.

1 Like

:slight_smile: yes we love each other :wink:
Good luck for all, this was realy hard week. Sincerely happy for those who have reached the end - achievement unlocked.
Have a nice weekend!

2 Likes

I’ve just realised that my game was not tagged with the “idnet highscores”, but I have implemented this feature that appears every time a user completed a level.

I emailed and I hope to be updated soon :smile:

1 Like

Hi, I don’t see our game “Easter Time Warp” up yet. Are you guys still releasing it?

Thanks. Stefan.

1 Like

mine is not there yet too.

Anyone having issues loading this?
http://ninjapvp.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/

hjupter,
for me it’s just a plain white screen after loading bar.

Any error on the console log? Which browser?

This runs fine for me on firefox, edge and chrome :frowning:

1 Like

@hjupter: I get the “Browser could not allocate enough memory error” when I try to run that. How much memory are you reserving for it?

@hjupter: thats on Firefox by the way.

512mb I guess thats too much for you computer? How much do you have?

1 Like

@hjupter 32GB. It loads fine on edge. but I get the error “ID.Net Error: The given key was not present in the dictionary.”
I can click off of that but If I click play as guest I’m left with the backdrop to the loading screen.

I managed to get it working in Firefox too, basically I’d left firefox open for too long, (probably about 2 hours-ish) and the memory must have become too fragmented for it to be able to allocate a 512mb chunk. But its a great game. What did you do for the networking? Is that using Unity’s multiplayer services?

Thanks! Im pushing a new build with the ID. net error gone and 256 memory. I’m using Photon. Im using my own plugin called Photon Blox which basically integrates Photon with other plugin called plyGame. Here is the link just in case: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/49691

1 Like

Looks like my game is going to be one of the last ones added. I guess sending by mail gets placed last.
Tried all of the other games, some really good ones. By the way “MAPS & TRAPS” is crashing with a red screen and a ReferenceError when I try to play. Also, the EASTER TIME WARP, the first time I played it with the online saves, the first level was locked, had to use local saves to play it. Now seems to be working alright.

1 Like

Here are all games of the contest:

Thanks for participating, guys and girls, and good luck to all of you winning a prize :smiley:

1 Like

Well, we have an Easter Time Warp game, is it yours? :smile:

Hi Tang,

We got the contest games via the Y8 Game submission page, as explained in the Contest Terms, and via the ID email.
We processed all games, regardless how we received them.

Yes, we are aware of the Maps and Traps bug, as for someone (me personally) gives the error, but for others the game works good :confused:

1 Like

It turns out that some of the emails ended up in spam, so that means few more games, probably less than 5, will be processed as well.

I apologize for not checking the spam properly, and not processing the games all at once. But we’ll have a better solution for future events :smile:

1 Like

Hey I sent you guys another email, not sure if you guys will see it during the weekend but just letting you know just in case :wink:

1 Like

Hello
is there a way to get id.net analytics for our game ? because I see that it has already been copied to other websites and I would love to see how many games have been played already.
Thanks.
Tom.

1 Like
Y8 Games