🎉 REBALANCING 🎉 (voting open until 6/16/2018)

• Alright so we started working on it and this is something we are considering:
  • Removing auto lock on Scouts Saber and Blasters Heavy Rocket Launcher
  • Yes, on both
  • No, only Scout
  • No, only Blaster
  • Auto lock should stay

0 voters

Why is removing auto lock on these 2 an possibility:

Scout - making changes to Scout is difficult and we have this idea to get rid of the auto lock to be similar as DS playstyle. DS can’t stay (not only on Scout, but Assassin and Tank as well) because of multiple reasons; crits in FFT are supposed to be random, u can see even in animation of these 3 how it’s never supposed to be in the game, with proper rebalancing of other classes such as Blaster and Tank, DS would be game breaking and put Scouts DPS way above any other class in the game. We are considering as well some changes regarding his Saber as a bit higher dmg or better attack speed.

Blaster - by removing auto lock on taget, ‘easy’ play style would be gone and Blaster would require aiming and timing with rockets. Since rockets deal way less damage compared to the auto locked ones, we would increase a bit DPS.
Something more close to the Pharah from Overwatch (check gameplay on youtube to have idea how it looks like).

1 Like

I agree totally on blaster but not on scout, i think even Double Slash shosuld stay, not all the players knows use it and it’s an skill of old community, just blaster, and blazer need to be rebalancing.
Great to see, that y’all working on FFT again!

2 Likes

Please read the text under, since it basically explains why. Also question wasn’t about double slash, but auto lock on saber.

U can bound DS on mouse macro :v: Even if someone did it, u think they would admit it? :slight_smile:

Also I would like to note how opinions are supposed to be objective and to have most ‘healthy’ game as possible. Not ‘bo-ho I don’t want X to get nerfed because it’s my main class’ or ‘I want X to get nerfed because I hate that class’.
If I went with that logic in a first place, Tank would never get nerfed.

1 Like

keep lock on on both, rework the sword and make it so missiles dont track

1 Like

To make missles don’t track u need to remove auto lock x’D ‘Auto lock’ - locking projectile(s) on target.

Not necessarily. Tank’s Heavy Machine Gun bullets don’t ‘follow’ when you lock enemy. You can probably make Heavy Rocket Launcher similar to it in terms of locking mechanism.

1 Like

Wait, would removing auto lock imply removing lock? :thinking:

1 Like

gunners bullets do not track like blasters missiles but gunner has lock on, every one has lock on guns but only blasters missiles track

@leonardwolff15 Bullets do track where the target is once when u lock on them. U can’t really compare AR/sub gun/whatever else since rockers are obv rockets with projectile time and more range. If u slide and jump, u can actually dodge them. But u can’t dodge bullets like AR.
Or if u want it simple as possible - without auto lock rockets would work the same as Rail gun does. Predicting where the enemy will go and hitting that spot. It’s it’s basically a choice between ‘nerfed HRL’ or ‘more skill involved HRL’.
That’s why poll is made, to see why only Blaster or only Scout (or non). At the end, it’s just for test purposes, nothing is final and I do have backup plan regarding HRL if auto-lock stays. This was more like idea to try it out and see how it works in matches.

@Ares4 Eh HMG, along with Pulser and Hail is rather broken now and we noticed in testing yesterday. Or might be even different mechanics in playstyle when it comes to these 3. I’ll try to explain…
Only in melee/mid range they actually hit. If targets constantly moves they miss everything. But if u don’t use auto lock, u have at least 50% higher chance to hit them than with auto lock. And yea, sounds silly, so I think something went wrong on that side.
Another thing is these are all small projectiles. Rockets in mid range/melee would look stupid lol. HRL in close range damages Blaster, while other 3 has no self dmg. I don’t think it’s possible, otherwise FRG would do it in a first place.

I voted yes on both. Although I think decreasing damage on the HRL would do as well, since they aren’t as immediate to hit their target as a rail gun is. Or, remove the HRL altogether, in support for a futuristic laser beam type of gun similar to blazers but instead of burn it would slow players down depending on how long it stayed on the enemy.

While we’re on the subject of balancing. I think the number of fragmentation and emp mines that can be held by tech/shocker should be increased by 1 or more, seeing that reloading is much more riskier for support classes due to their weak amour.

I also have a question, is commando’s long range rifle supposed to be inferior to a snipers rail gun?
They seem to have the same range, but when going up against a sniper you’ll be sniped and down before they’re half dead.

So would Right Mouse Button have any use if auto lock is disabled?

1 Like

@TheRealJmc92FromKong it’s rebalance, not rework :slight_smile: I wouldn’t mind replacing some weapons like BR for pistol, panic bomb for something else or HRL, but that won’t happen.
According to stats, BR has double less range than Rail gun. Issue what u talk about isn’t in range but damage. Currently Gunner deals 3x more dmg with Rail compared to the BR. Mentioned it here:

About Tech and Shocker, had some other plan when it comes to their mines.

@Ares4 AAA games avoids mouse lock, with few exceptions. Like I don’t think smg can work without it. But didn’t want to go that extreme and change all. HRL is perfectly usable without it, just requires brain unlike current HRL and for Scout would like to see how he works without it. If it’s not working well, regardless of voting, auto lock will be reverted.

1 Like

Since the class is named blaster, might actually be funny if he had a blaster pistol to use too lol
A slow gun in the future at some point would be cool. I know changing the graphics for things is a large undertaking and requires alot of coding and such which would set the steam release back.

Good guide, it’s good that you’ve approached it as being your method of play and not the absolute end-all.
If I have the time someday, perhaps I’d make one on what works for me. I see where you mentioned the BR. Will that get fixed? Definitely seems unbalanced.

2 Likes

Yessssss, we gonna buff BR but gonna test values to make it good as possible. Not broken, not low dmg as the current one.

Ye, noted in previous guide how this is my way of play and doesn’t mean it fits to everyone but still ppl can try it out and see is it working for them. I did put some ‘universal/basic’ rules as ‘why would u go near tank who activated bubble’ so it has some newbie friendly tips but mostly focused on advanced play.

1 Like

Auto lock on scout should stay cause of movement, if auto lock were to be removed everyone would’ve stopped using the doped saber and ppl would start spamming SMG’s.

2 Likes

DS is used for movement and u don’t auto lock with it…like at all.
Isn’t that what ppl wanted, more skillful play of Scout? Might be wrong tho and it might can’t work as I imagined it.

The classes that must balance is the Tank, decrease the shield time, lower damage, and make it slower, its speed is almost equal to the scout or assassin, likewise, should balance the assassin, with respect to the damage it generates with the ability of “Catalyze Toxins”, I think that as well as the community becomes strict with a small group of classes, it should do with the others that are OPS, many users with the tank’s shield cheat, because when using it, simply enough run to the base to wait for shield regeneration or refresh the hero, to avoid a death. Something that I also propose is to reduce a LITTLE the Gunner’s Rail Gun damage, but in exchange increase its reach. It must be general and not just complain about the classes that bother us, we just have to balance other classes also if we want a better game.

1 Like

ty for saying this bb

1 Like

I couldn’t even stand getting killed by SMG smh.

both should go,but blaster should have a priority. people won’t get the hang of DS so easily. though if DS goes,there should be some sort of an alternative,rather then leaving the saber a mere 2 slashes animation with a lame chop

2 Likes
Y8 Games