The WebGL version is completely unplayable

Lag and delay is virtually the same. Lag and frame issues are not the same. Lag happens because of networking issues. Frame rate is low because of CPU, graphics card, etc. They can happen at once, like when your character is in moon base moving around with ten other classes and the screen is choppy. It can be that the server is unable to keep up with all that is happening in the game and your computer is unable to draw all those characters on ur screen at once.

Lag hardly matters though. Numerous people have previously played the game with high ping perfectly smooth( check old YT videos). It’s the shitty fps that is unbearable.

Im pretty sure there is literally nothing we can do lol. No browser supports unity anymore besides an outdated version of FF and there doesn’t seem to be a browser capable of handing whatever version of WebGL FFT uses out yet.

Just a bit of autistic liscence for fun

That freezing was another issue and I had it last week as well, reported it and that was really terrible and sort of funny because I was killing Tank about 2 mins and nothing happened, then we all dropped dead down at some point and everyone respawned. This was on US server, on EU that same day and same time was actually never smoother and delay was on minimum.
I can snipe normally, but some ppl did complained on it. About good free shooters, are we talking about .exe or web games? Not sure why are u comparing these 2 since obv .exe gonna run better and with that is possible to have nice graphics.

And jeez Meat that was very…errr, descriptive :joy:

@thedanonean actually old server in EU was in London so ppl near it had really nice ping and it was very smooth for them. My old ping was 78 but if my internet goes jerky just a bit or someone from family starts downloading anything and my ping changes just to yellow (120-130) I had lag and delayed shots. If u ever played against ppl with red ping, u prolly then know how they teleported on map and on target they did delayed dmg, while on their screen everything was normal.
Now server in EU is located in Amsterdam which is actually closer to me and I am the only one who uses internet in house so that might be reason why game is smooth for me. As u said, lag and delay are virtually the same and my opinion on it is how ppl messes up these 2 for that reason. And some ppl still play on other servers, it’s like me going in Asian server and saying that I lag. Ofc I will lag.

We’re just talking about good free games in general. exe and browser games are in the same boat if they’re free. Gamers generally don’t care if they have to download the game and play it from their computer or go to a website.

1 Like

no use trying to explain it anymore if she doesnt feel it then she hasnt played a smooth game in awhile. all we can do is wait for it to get better.

If it ever gets better

Maybe from ur perspective as player, but picture is more bigger than that. ‘exe and browser games are in the same boat if they’re free.’ <— like this is so wrong. If u watch from dev side or understand how it works on their side, it’s more complicated. U are literally comparing 2 games that run on different technology and as someone who plays both (personally only .exe, FFT was always exception there) u do know how and why web is limited and harder to fit game in it than simple make it .exe. If u tracked some other topics, u should know that Ankit said how there is a chance for FFT to come as .exe version as well in future, just not right now for obvious reasons.
And they do care, with 2 or 4gb PC/laptop RAM :slight_smile:

And no, topic was never ‘good games in general’ since there is no point to compare .exe and web game, maybe u can ask some dev why, if u don’t believe me.

wheres Toad when you need her

Wouldn’t it be easier if u just brought back the unity version

Lol for what, to work only on old Safari?
Not sure do u understand this, but FFT on y8.com had about 4.000.000 - 5.000.000 plays before y8 took over. I believe its now between 8.000.000 lol.

Now yeah, Butter wants web player, Andrea wants it too. To what, both play few days, go off on few months, come back again on few days, for old player base that barely counted 100 ppl? Be realistic here.
Instead of that webgl works on every browser and it has more plays than before and number difference is actually huge.

And read patch notes, things are corrected and daily every single of us works on Freefall. Webgl is also in beta, which was said bunch of times already, but clearly here every single thing needs to be repeated 50 times.

Yeah but that game was fun

2 Likes

I’m not a retard I know there’s a big difference between exe and browser games. You misunderstand what I said. They’re in the same boat in that players don’t care about whether it’s .exe or browser. If you’re an avid gamer you’ll play both. I think that’s evinced by the fact that most of the hardcore players of FFT all play .exe games as well.

Beli u gave example of which game is good and that game is .exe game. So that IS comparing 2 games and only common thing is both being free to play. U said how there is a good free to play game and a lot of games that I play are .exe f2p but whats the point of mentioning them since all are .exe?

I am seriously not sure why are u pushing like a kid ‘i want .exe and i want it now’. Ankit already said there is a chance for it, it’s up to everyone will they play Webgl now or not, it’s peoples choice at the end and also business reasons why it went only Webgl for now. It’s like me telling u ‘buy candy instead of bread’ and share it with 2 ppl instead of sharing it with 10 ppl.
If this isn’t clear enough, idk what else can be.

Also we are working daily on improving Webgl, just because it’s like this today, doesn’t mean it will be forever like this. It takes time to fix stuff, in codes, multiple testings to see did it actually fix a thing, if it isn’t, then another look into codes and searching for it and finding what went wrong. I wish it’s different and way faster, but sadly it’s not how things works.
Next big fix gonna be delay and improving it, but we can’t do it over one night, plus include all old bugs that FRG didn’t really bother to fix such as visual display of weapon.

Also from what I could see, when something is fixed no one says a word, but when something is wrong, constant repeating how it’s wrong and how bad it is. Good to mention if problem exists so it can be reported and fixed, but imagine reading constantly how bad it is and to be brutal honest here, if I’m a dev and read it, would feel bad about my work on it and dropped down with mood and will to work any further on it.

Lol Andrea

thats because the stuff thats been fixed we already complained about it, forgive us for expecting a video game to be playable and enjoyable

Lol Well, my computer is an i5 with 8 gigs of ram and 2mb per second internet when I tested it out…My assumption, (and it may be wrong) is that the game should be able to run smoothly
Rather than get technical about it, I’ll just say it’s choppy play. Reminds me of trying to emulate doom64.

I don’t doubt that it will get better though. At least it’s being talked about.

She meant atleast appreciate developers work when things got fixed.

nothing wrong with you to except a really good game and we are working day and night to make it possible but its good to give little motivation to developers and those who work behind the scene.

Let me give you really good example in your class you score really good grades but instead of appreciating your hard work your parents start discouraging you that you are still not the topper of university.

same goes with developer who works 12-14 hours daily on the game and little appreciation really motivates them.

Sure it does and nothing wrong with ur pc/internet, from what u said, but I also said might one of the reasons why is it fairly smooth for me that server is now closer to me and how I don’t share internet with anyone. Also checked today, ppl who got lag no matter what (lets say person from Mexico plays in EU server and has normally 350 ping) gonna do delayed dmg as always used to be and really doubt anything can be done about it, since I had exactly same problem with pingers in web player (Ronney is one great example here). So sometimes it’s not ur fault, it’s just ppl playing on wrong servers and u die from something u normally wouldn’t. We appreciate ur feedback and of course that devs gonna look more into it and improve things by time.

^and about other things up, thats exactly what I meant, stop pulling one sentence from all and put it out of context.

Ok so Butter, Char, and I just played the game. I haven’t played in a few months and from a player point of view, it’s still the same. Well for one, me and butter had one issue. We both randomly could not chat, see our abilities, scoreboards, etc…I don’t know if we clicked a key on keyboard by accident but that happened to us and it’s probably a bug.The game is still extremely laggy and unplayable. My screen is constantly choppy and shaking. When the enemies shoot at me, all the attacks are delayed and come a few seconds later. We were playing in a room with just 5-6 players, so Imagine trying to play FFT in a full room…that would be impossible.

Is there a reason why people only play moonbase now? Shuttle used to always be the most full room, now I noticed that all the full room were moonbase. Do you guys think the Asia server was a waste of time/money? When I went to the Asia server I counted about 7 total players and that was so bad compared to the other servers. Anyways, yeah that’s my thoughts on the game right now. I’m glad you guys fixed a lot of bugs that I saw on the update the other day. It’s sad that I lag so bad that I can’t even enjoy the new graphics in shuttle bay. Fixing the delay or lag should be the most important thing you guys focus on because if we can’t play the game, then everything else you guys add like new maps, etc won’t be enjoyed properly.

Y8 Games