Suggestions

Sorry to disappoint u maybe with this, but u shouldn’t use money first on upgrades since they are not changing anything. Buy all classes and if u have spare money to throw around, sure u can use on upgrades.

The damage u deal is exactly the same with +0 and +5, defense and speed and legit everything else what is listed for upgrading (note that game had long ago different way of upgrading but it was game breaking so devs removed it). The only difference is how u progress with time as player and understand game more, how much damage ur character deals and how exactly game works, because this isn’t another game where ‘X class is better than Y class’, it’s skill based game. So as example, how u aim will make u a great sniper, not how many upgrades u have.

Hope this explained it.

Also if low money bothers u, there is cash booster which always gives u double cash for 1 month I believe its 2$ only.

Is this for real? Why is there still an upgrade option if it doesn’t do anything?

That’s something old devs made, probably to avoid p2w system or imagine compared to u, how much adventage I would have after playing 3 years with fully upgraded all. As I said, old system did work differently, but it was game breaking and not balanced at all, so it got removed. I’ve only noticed tiny difference on Commando and Tank, but it was more like speed, got nothing to do with damage. Indeed it would be better to rework it and try to see for possible solution…like adding more bombs or something, can’t really think of what can be upgraded and still not break the balance. Maybe bit higher resistance on self damage.
We didn’t look more into this, there are higher priorities and this is something that came from old devs, not a system that id.net created.

So do the upgrades do anything at all or just a tiny amount? Because I always thought the system works, the improvement is just very tiny, it says you only get like 1% increase and in practise you wouldn’t really “feel” that.

If it doesn’t do anything I really really suggest it should be disabled because that’s kind of scammy, people are spending real money on this.

1% per upgrade, on +5 is 5%. So it’s not scan, since numbers/values are there and it’s pretty clear that 1-5% won’t change almost anything. It’s up to ppl to make that choice. Maybe there is some tiny difference on all, but overall, that’s how much u get, entire 5% max.

And again, system can be changed to a better one once. It wasn’t disabled all these years, no reason to be now.

Now I have an idea… A Large mode called “Warzone” The Rules are Simple: Get the most points. Kills get 10 points, and captured points give a max of 5 points for each point every tick. The max amount of points is 10000, because of the player amount. The overtime will be a rush time called “Base Raid” in which one team is confined to their base and class, while the other team must go to the enemy base and act as cleanup. there is no respawn at this point, but there is a spectator cam. Last team standing wins the game during a base raid.

Footwork and Thrust can have a noticeable effect at around +4. Well, I do feel a noticeable effect. Up to you to decide whether they are worth it or not.

I also upgraded the Defense of my tech to +5. A pro (dont remember which one) once told me I seemed to have way more resistance than usal techs. Defense doesn’t suffer from diminishing effects too.

Nah there is no more defense. U just learn by time how to dodge haha x’D (and nearly by that time u will have +5)
If u ask me, ur only defense depends on enemy ping lol.

As I said, it might be tiny, but per one upgrade it goes over 20k I believe. That’s why I said that it’s simple smarter to use cash on classes first, than upgrade (not like u can spend cash on anything else beside these 2).

And most important, damage is not changed.

I agree with you!

2 Likes

I embed the game to my website
do the embed version of the game and the version on the game official site the same

Yes, it should be same, embed this link http://freefalltournament.com/freefall

No, upgrades do make a noticeable difference.
Consider blaster with no upgrades and blaster with footwork +5 upgrades.

Several experienced players have told me to do just that cuz it makes a noticeable difference in speed.

It’s not game changing and count costs in that.

^accent on this.

As a new player focusing z-cash should be on Classes and since there is no new class, extra money can go on upgrades.

I think you should add blaster to that list,
with his e used correctly he can stay in air forever and keep using his rocket launcher to easily kill people…
At least, that’s what i do lol
(btw, why do you have that adore me thing under your username?)

Non of the Blasters are doing it mainly because they would die more easily. Blaster and Tank doesn’t have speed while being in the air, unlike Scout/Bomber.
His ‘E’ is not designed to be used like that.

Hey :slight_smile:

I think the matchmaking system really needs to be improved. Having reached G1 rank, I find it very difficult and rare to find a server with good players, providing some challenge. Most of the time there are only clueless guests everywhere, who often don’t even understand (or they just ignore) the game objectives - like running and shooting randomly around the map in CPS and KOTH, basically ruining the game for everyone (no support for their team and no challenge for their opponents). So, I have two possible solutions of this issue:

1. Pretty simple - please add one more column in the game lobby, so we could see an AVERAGE RANK of the players on a particular server before joining it, just like we see the ping and the number of players. This way, it would be much easier for experienced players to find their peers (or for the beginners to avoid opponents they can’t handle yet :slight_smile: ).

2. This one would probably be a little more complicated but it could really add some motivation for people to play with equally strong opponents (I’ve seen way too many high ranks quit the moment they have to make some effort to win :stuck_out_tongue: ). The idea is introducing system similar to chess ELO ranking, so you would get more Zs and experience for defeating a strong team and less to none for defeating a team with much weaker opponents.

How about that? :slight_smile:

The way it is now, 95 % of the games are boring and too easy for an experienced player, as it’s often the case that out of 8 people on the server no one is even trying to capture the control points - and even when they are, they are unable to pull of a succesful attack.

Seriously, it’s not really (that much :smiley: ) fun for a G+ player to just casually shoot people who are basically comitting suicide with their every “attack”, who have no idea how to use their Q, E and F skills or who don’t understand the goal of the game.

Please give the veteran players some options to find each other more easilly (and motivate them to do so!).

I hope you’re still reading this and that some kind of similar system gets implemented soon - FFT and the community would benefit greatly from it… :wink:

Thank you.

2 Likes

As for the upgrades, I think it’s fine the way it is. I have +2 on everything on all heroes I’ve bought so far (and +3 on some attributes) and I have to say I definitely DO see some difference. Especially with tank, even the +2 on thrust and footwork really give him a little bit of the much needed extra mobility. Like in Shuttle bay, I often had a problem with jumping from the shuttle to the health when I started (with no upgrades) - many times my jump was just a little too short - so I immediately bought +2 upgrades on thrust and bam! - problem solved. Don’t know how much of a difference other upgrades do (being a Fallout 1+2 fan I expected even the +5 % on critical chance - when you max out the targetting - to be quite significant :wink: ). Anyway, I can’t agree that upgrades don’t make ANY difference - because I know they do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

mm, i have the opinion that tank has no need for upgrades, sliding does all of it. I’m a tank main myself, and I have no upgrades on anything. I know very good players who also are of the idea that upgrades do very little, and are more of like something to put your extra $$ in when you’re done buying all heroes. However, that’s just personal opinion.

About you saying 95% of the games are boring, yes. they are boring. I see some G+ time to time, but not on a regular schedule. As you said, it IS no fun to just run around killing clueless guests and capping. The skill level of average room is very, very low. Any decent lft+player can win with very good KDR with any class in a normal room.

I like your idea of the average rank, that’s nice for deciding which game to play.

I also like your idea of better rewards for harder teams and less rewards for easier teams.
HOWEVER
this cannot be based on rank, there are extermely good G1s that i have seen beat Marshals easily. Heck, I’ve seen some guests destroy G+s easily. Sooo… hmm. I’ll have to give this one some more thought.

All in all, very reasonable suggestions!

2 Likes

Thank you for your appreciation :slight_smile: Well, I know that ranks are tricky - being G1 now, I did beat some Marshalls myself (I love how they always complain about lag when that happens :smiley: ) and I’ve met Majors to Colonels who kicked my ass - cheers, Manassa ;). As for the “guests” killing G+s though, I think most of them are G+s themselves who just enjoy some undercover trolling sometimes :smiley: Anyway, my basic presumption is that any higher rank usually at least knows and respects the basic rules (supporting the team, following the capture points etc.) - and even that makes a HUGE difference in gameplay and overal enjoyment, compared to playing with people who either don’t understand the basic principles or who just get too scared to attack again once they die a few times in a row and they give up instead, either idling on the base or roaming freely around the map while trying to avoid any hostile encounters…

1 Like

Yep, I’ve done that too. And they complained about lag as well. :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ve done some fun trolling as a guest too. Kinda backfired when a G2 who i killed started accusing me of hacking. hmm.

The problem here is…
What is a hard opponent?
There are two types of good players, tanky cappers who suicide for the good of the team (me, lol) or killers with excellent KDR who do not cap.

So KDR is not a matter on which you can base a “good team” and a “bad team” either. I had negative KDR vs two G+s with awesome KDR, yet I still won, with no other good players on my team.

So though it is a good idea, on some thought i think that it isn’t doable for the FFT team at present, as the two easiest things to use, rank and KDR are not really good factors.

Y8 Games