News/ Updates

yeah, It dosent make sense on how the web version is free but the steam one isint…

Did they change something? How is it P2P

browser is still free nothing changed there, only steam version

The steam version really does make a difference in play-ability if you can part with $5. You can set the graphics to max and still have it run just as smooth, and it’s alot easier to snipe. There are a few minor glitches due to people with low ping of course. If there is one thing I’d say is wrong with it right now, I’d say it was the ability or lack thereof, to transfer my WebGL account to steam, and the lack of the ability to play as a guest on steam. As it is right now, it appears to me that the tutorial has been completely removed… I would like to see it make a comeback.

Still waiting on the devs though, seeing if they produce the transfer tool in the estimated time.

having guest accounts on a 5 dollar game makes no sense

Transfer tool will be ready soon, be patient

Sometimes you feel like playing fft as a guest though, because you get practice using a non upgraded class, which will make you better at using the upgraded class once you’ve logged back in.

So I tried playing FFT again to get a final opinion on the game since different people PM’ed me telling me it got “better”. So what I can say for sure is the lag definitely did get better. At first FFT was not playable at all, it lagged way too much. Now you can actually play the game. The game is still jittery though and it’s not lag-free, but it’s playable.

As for actually gameplay and me having fun? To be honest the game is boring. After the veterans quit the game after the changes, I think that ruined the actual fun. The veterans were the core of the game. We taught new players how to play, and we kept the game alive. I remember playing this game when it came out with about 40-50 players and since the vets stuck around the game grew so much. When I tried playing today literally all I saw was guest accounts/noobs. They would stand still and shoot or just walk around brainless. It’s like they have no idea how to play the game. But hey…isn’t that what Y8 wanted? To drive the vets out and cater to new players? The new players makes FFT look non-skillful and dumb. If I was new and got that type of experience of playing just standing around, I would not come back. I think the biggest mistake Y8 did was not try their best to keep the core of the game alive, which was the veterans. Whether you like it or not, it’s the truth. You guys now have a horrible playerbase in the game that have no clue what they’re doing and they make the game look like it was made for 3 year olds.

Anyways just my final thoughts. Sadly, I know I won’t ever be returning to FFT again because I have moved on and I don’t think FFT is in a good enough spot for me to play it. Plus all my friends are gone and I’m not playing with guest. Anyways If any of you ever need to talk to me or ask me anything I’m in 2 FFT discords that I check every now and then that has other old players as welll, you can pm me for links. I wont be on this forum again for a while.

Just wanted to share my opinion. If anyone disagrees with me, I would like to here your response. Good luck with steam!

7 Likes

i understand why you’ve lost all hope,but in a time like this for FFT that’s the last thing we need if we wanna keep the game alive…
i can agree that having the game filled with guests and less serious players is quite a pain,but from my experiences,i’ve seen servers with 4+ players who put up a good game,and from some of those players,i’ve seen players who were probably far better then every single player i ever played against 3 years ago.
and even then,you have to take in account that the game just hit steam,people might notice it far more then usuall,try giving it more of a shot,and probably build a new serious community. and for those of us who tried this game before,as long as we find them,we should help them learn the game at our best.
not only that,i think that finally having the game on steam proves that Y8 more then just cares about this game,and i have to say i trust them when it comes to further updates.
im not saying you should stick around and force yourself to fight guests/mindless hoarders over and over,but i still think that this game finally found the hope it deserves after all these years, and we as vets should at least try raising it up… (and actually give a fair critic if not,aside from 1 legit criticism i found on steam the only thing i see on the discussion boards are a bunch of 12 year old pieces of crap who think the world owes them something, how would that get the game anywhere)

2 Likes

Hehe, we want both of them actually as a publisher we love every single player who play our games.

whats with y8s black theme, is it new or is my gpu broken

It was a temporary style test. Should be back to normal now!

Sadly, FFT is dead on Browser, and it’s a shame they made the game P2P on Steam, that makes it harder for a Steam user to decide whether to get the game or just scroll past it, especially because they don’t know a thing about it. But regardless, i’ve been playing the game for a few weeks now, and all i can say is, it sucks. The player base in the browser version is mostly people who can’t be bothered to create an account, nevertheless play the game for more than a few days (if not an hour), But that’s the thing, Y8 is made that way, it has a shit tone of games, all of wich are meant to be played for less than an hour, and considering the fact that most people on y8 are eastern europeans playing on their school computers (shitty exaggeration, but you get the point) i’d say y8 doesn’t have the smartest or the most loyal player base. Going back to the Steam version, it hasn’t done as well as i though it would, but it’s doing good nevertheless. The reviews by old players being left definitely help the game. Contrary to what it is on Browser, FFT has soo much more to offer than just an hour’s worth of gameplay, it’s a game that takes over a year to unlock every class, and even longer to reach the highest rank, but you already know that. The main reason why i have hope for FFT is because it’s similar to Tf2, and i mean similar, in soo many aspects, for example in objectives (king of the hill, push the payload, capture the point) and every class in FFT has something in common with another class in TF2 (including some abilities and almost every weapon), but the Tf2 community doesn’t know FFT exists.
FFT on Steam has a future, a bleak one, but a future nevertheless. If the game hits headlines on Steam, becomes popular (to some degree) i’m pretty sure most of the veterans (including you) will return.

1 Like

How much does it cost on steam? I feel like they just forced FFT to be on steam and added a price to it just to start making a profit off the game.They don’t care that this game lacks maps, champions, features, or anything new. They simply just threw it on steam. FFT should be a free game and it’s annoying that they’re making people pay in order to play a game like FFT that’s just dying for an update.Its been like 3 years maybe without a new map or class? Some of the best and most popular games in the word are free…lol

So they’re going to keep the browser version in a crappy spot with random guest and focus on steam? They probably don’t even care that the playerbase in FFT is bad because their website caters to players that are used to playing without any skill or strategy with the kind of games they develop on their site.

@pointlessfield Hopefully they deliver and you’re right. The fact that they added a price to play FFT just shows they only care about the business side of owning a game, which is money. They don’t care about updating the game with new stuff or the opinions of players. Just my thoughts.

@Ankit Yeah, I doubt that lol. You even said it yourself that your focus was new players and you basically implied that you didn’t care for older players leaving.

hey i dunno about you but money makes magic happen, and if that magic doesn’t happen then make it clear to the Devs you wont open your wallet through forum posts and reviews.

Yeah i hate the fact that FFT isn’t free on steam but i bought it because i understand these Devs (how many devs are their?) have taken a lot of time out of their lives to convert a Unity game into a different engine (is WebGL an engine? i know unity is). plus have you forgotten the fact that FRG also barely made pennies from the game when it was on Kongregate? because without that magic money nothing happened to FFT for a long time: wow a tutorial, a map and okay 2 classes over what how many years again?

Why was that i wonder? was it because FRG were busy making money working for other companies? oh right yeah FFT wasn’t bringing in any money for them so why waste time on it when i need a roof to live under and eat $1 noodles my entire life.

2 Likes

How much is it on steam? Also the new question is, how are they going to expand FFT or make it better with what they make since they’re charging people. When you have games like Fortnite, League of legends, and many other popular games that are worth a fortune while being free, we’ll see if people with pay for FFT.

It is $5 USD on Steam unless there is a discount. We had our initial 10% discount extended all the way through the recent Steam Summer Sale too, but I think that has ended now :frowning:

£3.99 for me.

Yeah, Steam takes that $5 USD and converts into ‘appropriate amounts’ in local currency… I have no idea what algorithm they’re using for that conversion, best guess would be recent currency rate rounded off to a nice number, minus one.

The texture, brightness, and smoothness much better than WebGL version.
Very few ppls still have teleporting problem dependent on thier connection state,
but overall quite suitable for snipe and worthy to buy imo.

(click the Pic can see its difference)

The interface have slightly different from WebGL version, have a “Medals” button but currently no function, others remain the same.

No clue about Dev’s big picture to steam, they probably should announce that.

Y8 Games