News/ Updates

Yeah, I’m pretty much done with FFT at this point and moved on to a better game. But I am wondering, what are you guys currently working on? Anything updated? Last time I played a few months ago it was still really laggy. It’s been a lonnggggg time and I would think you guys would of added a map or anything new by now. I agree with Toad, go back to the old version. If they’re hackers get mods and give them the ability to ban players in-game. Add an in-game report system that notifies mods when someone is hacking and the mods could of went to that room. That was like the most simple solution to me.

Even with the hackers I had a lot of fun playing with my friends. Now the game is unplayable. To be honest compared to the games I’ve seen on the Y8 website, FFT seems way more complex then the typical Y8 game which is maybe why nothing is happening. If I didn’t love FFT till this day and want the best for it I would not be posting here at all. I still check this forum once every 3-4 months just to see if anything is going on and I’m disappointed every time.

Can anyone just tell us where you guys are with this game or what you are working on? Is there any new characters or maps being made? Anything? I’m sure everyone wants to know.

2 Likes

lo peor de todo es que uno reporta y no responden, no ayudan …

@Rja12 That is some high quality bait.

1 Like

I also had a look at other Y8 games and I agree with you FFT is more complex than the other games there. In fact, it’s amazing that FFT is working at all. It might just be a matter of time or $ for FFT to work properly. The team of devs working on FFT are certainly not the only devs trying hard to make WebGL games run as smoothly as with Unity. If there are lots of devs in the same situation, that means there should be a general need to make WebGL better. And when there’s a need, people generally work towards a solution (updates and such). I honestly don’t know if I’m being logical or optimistic.

Edit: or plain wrong.

When working with WebGL ,we are technology dependent, browser updates can ruin or improve performance, which is something we cant control, browsers are working all together to give better performance but technology changes do not happen in a flash, but it happens in steps.

To be clear, we are waiting for browsers to improve webgl and webassembly performances, with SIMD Tech. coming up next, but due to no ETA , we might plan to find another way around.

==> Instead of waiting for browser updates, we have fasten up the discussion to make FFT- a PC game(steam) and a Mobile game, We did started some demo tests work on this, but due to our 3d modeler personal problems, we couldn’t go ahead, but we could get started anyway, still discussing within team.

Hi @2Hawkeye

I will send you a PM and we can start the process of recovering access to your account when you reply to the questions.

Regards,
@insanehero

Yeh but have in mind that FFT when it was made, if u ask me, should never go as browser game. Not here, but any site, it’s really hard to find game as FFT is. About rest could be discussed in wall of text but don’t see a point of doing it anymore. This game is old and with current games on Steam would get lost considering quality of those and how many updates and ppl game needs to go on whole another level. So overall, requires a lot of investing and as FFT was always fully F2P, 99% of player base never bothered to invest in it. Pretty much now any f2p game depends on cosmetics and their market, which again, requires a lot of time/effort/investing to make it better. As example, that cash booster 30 days in FFT is 2$, while in any other game that goes for 10-15$.

Personal mistake that I made when I was younger is thinking that in F2P games player not paying anything is great but the fact is, sooner or later that game will shut down if nobody invest in it. Games should be treated as hobby or enjoyment (I told long ago that gaming is one really expensive hobby) so if u pay for idk gym, no reason to not pay for the game. U go to cinema, u pay for a ticket there. Part of the player base can go fully F2P as long as there is another part that invests a lot in the game, but FFT was never that case.

Had recent discussion with support from one game that I played in my free time. 150$ per month they consider as low I would say and was treated differently than players who spent 500-1k per month. Which is just insane. So that happens as well. It’s really hard to make it balance and from my personal experience - no matter what - players will always complain on changes that are made because ofc not everyone gonna like them.

Bringing FFT back to Web player is a waste of time, not everyone wants to play with 3-4 hackers in the room and just remember in that period most of the player base left and there was 1-2 rooms per server. Other than that, it’s not worth it, since most of the ppl uses Chrome and with Web player Chrome won’t work. Calculation is simple - losing most of the current player base for 10 ppl who might not gonna even play it at the end is simple not worth it.

it would be great to see this on steam without the restrictions of webGL, i just wonder why this got greenlit on steam but never made it on steam

FRG was running this game only because of players and they paid servers from own pockets. Making it on steam would add way more costs (Greenlit was there during FRG).

is my game broken or am i really seeing 8 player servers(not a bad thing as i have not had a laggy game yet)

It’s not broken, there was a recent change.

1 Like

Keep trying to transfer a kong account. I get the error “account transferred previously”. I have a hazy memory of maybe transferring 2 years ago, as I’ve been inactive for a while, but I have no clue which email I used to create a y8 account with that kong account. Could a site admin please point me in the right direction or email me the y8 account name of the kong account Turtle_Trickshot? I know the old kong username and password if it is need for proof. Id really like to get this done, so thanks to anyone who can help :).

Well hello Turtle, that’s the name I didn’t think I’ll see anymore.

yup, I was only gone for 2 years lol…did ya miss me?

Hi @MiNTx

I’ll take a look and send you a personal message with an information request.

Regards
@insanehero

i’ve got the same issue here. i’ve transferred my account 2 years ago,and i was sure i used the same email i did for this account and now i have no idea where it is. i’d like to know the account name of the kong account “someonepro”.

I will send you a PM for verification.

just wondering my ping was 156-172 in Euro now it is 390 :frowning:

Decided to check back today on the game, sadly no changes have happened since when I checked last time around a year ago. Really sad.

1 Like
Y8 Games