šŸ’« Freefall Tournament: General Discussion šŸ’«

Change your picture, Ryans and yours look too alike. Its unfortunate. When you have enough time trial and error works the best. people like me 1v1d the plebs and learned from dying. Also there were a lot better players when i was coming up which helped me, now the number of awesomes in this game are much lower.

2 Likes

Do you guys think it would be smart to make a ā€œGeneral Discussionā€ FFT thread? I mean we are talking about farming in a thread that has nothing to do with that. Maybe we could have a thread thatā€™s a General FFT thread where we could talk about anything related to FFT. No, Itā€™s not an Off Topic thread, Itā€™s strictly FFT based.

Why canā€™t we both have it? Plus he had his first.

4 Likes

That would just go OT too, and change yours then. Conformist

2 Likes

https://forum.id.net/t/funny-grinning/2733
Lets do it here. Closest thing to OFF-topic here. I doubt @deaaa0803 going to change the name of this thread.

3 Likes

Not really, I donā€™t think anyone would just start talking about what they had for lunch in a FFT based discussion thread.[quote=ā€œInvisibleKiller786, post:45, topic:2753ā€]
going to change the name of this thread.
[/quote]

I noticed I can change the names of threads because of my trust level on the website. But thatā€™s strictly her decision lol. Plus our forum mods has to approve it. We could make a whole new thread for it Called ā€œFFT General Discussionā€. If I can recall, SS did recommend this before.

2 Likes

How long have you been here Ryan? Youve seen some of the stuff we have strayed to. Has anything changed? We go off-topic on just about everything.

2 Likes

On this forum? It was all FFT related though, thatā€™s what the thread would be for. In our old forum we had an Off-Topic thread where we could talk about literally anything. Plus we have forum mods, that would ensure that non-related FFT chat is removed :wink: But like I said, I have to ask. Ankit can easily say no because of the same reasons youā€™re presenting.

2 Likes

What has it come to, the day our game is owned by a stick in the mud.

2 Likes

It would go OT in a blink of an eye. This community is to intellectual discussion what abortion is to fetuses.

2 Likes

Huhu. Tell me one single player who didnt play in a small room or with a newbies.I was joining randomly and depending on my mood,i join to smaller or bigger room,i choose class to play like that also.
As someone who capped a lot,next to Rob and Pad,that has good and bad side. U learn how to defend cp and win,but not how to defend urself and be more ā€˜braveā€™ in 1v1. So yea,personally when i stopped caring about cp as i used to,i become better at other things. If Paddy didnt sit dumb on cp with gunner,he would be one of the best gunners in game. Rob is always super nice and i enjoyed playing with him. Defending entire match capture point isnt easy thing to do and he is a team player. Ill rather have Rob in my team then someone with great kdr who never captures.
And Paddy just wanted to leave game after reaching Mar. Thats why he played later in moon base which i dont mind at all.
Who is farming win for win,he mess up ELO a lot. Its way lower then it supposed to be which means it can be game changing when he enters some room :slight_smile:
And legit Marshals do exist. Im not sure why are ppl so ā€˜booooā€™ with ranks. Its not really hard to reach it if u capture a lot and finish ur matches.

4 Likes

Itā€™s not the first time that people try to bash robpro; I really donā€™t know for which reason. Jealousy? Insecurity? Envy?

In terms of ā€œraw skillsā€, he wasnā€™t the best, but still, he was one of the greatest players of FFT, and by great, I mean a pillar of the community. Iā€™ve been playing with him since 2012 on almost a daily basis, and I never saw him farming (people used to do it on moon map, back then) or say something offensive. Heā€™s 100% legit. He was an incredible teammate too. Robpro is someone people will remember.

Another pillar, pad. Iā€™m really surprised by what I hear (Charlemaneā€™s explanation must be right). He has always been against exploits and farming (like rob) and was really pissed off when some people started to glitch with blazer (in 2013 - not naming anyoneā€¦) and I donā€™t remember which heroes.

Letā€™s move on.[quote=ā€œRja12, post:43, topic:2753ā€]
Do you guys think it would be smart to make a ā€œGeneral Discussionā€ FFT thread? I mean we are talking about farming in a thread that has nothing to do with that. Maybe we could have a thread thatā€™s a General FFT thread where we could talk about anything related to FFT. No, Itā€™s not an Off Topic thread, Itā€™s strictly FFT based.
[/quote]

Yes.

2 Likes

When I first met him he wasnā€™t capping as much. I remember at one point he stopped talking to anyone for maybe 2 or 4 weeks. He would only reply to Untellable. Then shocker was implemented or reworked (I donā€™t remember clearly the sequence of events). From that moment, pad started capping heavily. He has been the first ā€œproā€ shocker in the game, a bit before Gallade started playing.

I never play in rooms of 3 or 4 players for some reasons. Thereā€™s always something fishy going on in these kind of rooms. Iā€™m not looking for pro rooms neither; I just donā€™t see the point. We can kill each other in less than a sec and people often do not capture. If no one tries to capture, then there is no strategy. Itā€™s just a 1v1 fest. Imho, itā€™s rare to play a pro match that is really interesting. I prefer by far ā€œnormalā€ full rooms (2 to 6 decent players/pros, and the rest noobs).

+1
I can tell you I experienced the exact thing. I was amazed by the amount of kills I could get.

+1000

2 Likes

Waver

Any room with friends in it

I never stopped caring about cap, before every game i measure how much i need to cap to win, if it isnt as intense then i like to slide around and practice tank mobility but nost of the time i snipe or play assassin.

2 Likes

Here and look who made it also every thing has gone more off topic from here and so own.

Could you of just have your ā€œGeneral Discussionā€ FFT thread suggestion in a message. (so the thread would not be taking off topic so much more)(not that this could also just be a message, with it will also be/is)

2 Likes

Well i played with Pad since 2014. and gotta say our battles for cp was intense and when i remember them,really fun and challenging matches. Since Paddy and Rob are not playing, I just donā€™t need to sit on cp 24/7 nor do i bother with capping while sniping since i donā€™t like AR.
Everyone got own style and thatā€™s what i like about this game. Rob and Pad was my favourite for nice team play. And Beatex but it was more duo, then team play.
i remember one pro match in space station and itā€™s still funny to me. Paddy decided to sit on payload (lmao) and every time he died,4 of us tbag him. He had over 30 deaths and double less kills. But he pushed that damn payload and won.

I do care about cp/payload and Shocker is still my favourite for it. I donā€™t play tank as i used to,feels pretty unfair against every class, except Blaster.
Unless there is big support spam,not like I have a choice xD

2 Likes

They all finish in the same way, last second tanks/supports. Boring, like most of the other things in the game. To this day ā€œfull proā€ tends to end in a cancer mode. I liked those matches where the players actually looked at the classes others picked and chose depending on them, I still remember some great games I had at the times in that way. Somehow everyone made it work, I wonderā€¦

Pad actually was a great gunner, not my style, but still on point.
I sadly never had the chance to play and talk with rob much, we had complete different playing times. We both knew eachother, but thatā€™s sadly where it ended.

Thatā€™s not true, capturing doesnā€™t negate a skill gain. I learnt how to play scout capturing and so with assassin. When anyone asked (& ask) me to capture, I ALWAYS pick one of those two (I left back assassin for the mere reason of the cancer I see related to it).

Iā€™d consider this conversation a ā€œmomentā€ as well.[quote=ā€œCharlemane2, post:54, topic:2753ā€]
I never stopped caring about cap, before every game i measure how much i need to cap to win, if it isnt as intense then i like to slide around and practice tank mobility but nost of the time i snipe or play assassin.
[/quote]
Saying I do care about capturing would make me a hypocrite, but I have my moods. Some days I go full-in capturing, others 50-50 and some I just go on a killing rampage.

Iā€™d like to recall that the first year I have just sniped and never put a foot on a point lol

We did that to each other on a regular basis and I think we will in the future if he comes back :wink:

2 Likes

Alright ppl, I renamed it and edited my first post. Use this topic well or I will hunt u in dreams :smiling_imp:

I didnā€™t talk about his skills :stuck_out_tongue: If he didnā€™t sit on cp with gunner, he would spend more time sniping instead of using AR 85% of time.

Also didnā€™t talk about every match with Paddy haha :smiley: But I remember this one well and it was real race who gonna reach him first.
Last time when I talked with him, he said he left because itā€™s simple boring/no updates. So once when itā€™s fixed, I believe he will come back. Would be nice to see him again getting rekt :smiley:

2 Likes

Remember the time when this thread was called ā€œShare your moments with us!ā€

3 Likes

There we go, first meme :<

So I was thinking how after some time, FFT gets boring. I mean, itā€™s like that for every game and I was thinking a bit how to make it more fun, even after 1-5 years of playing.

1. Using Skype or any other program for talk. Add some good friends, all go in same match and have fun. It was really funny to play like that, friend was in other team and match was more chill then usual.

2. Duo? Why not? Go with a friend in random match and play duo. One of my favourite combos in Space Station is Gunner&Gunner. One long range sniping 2 payloads and helping on third one. Other gunner is AR or mixed AR/rail, but capping.
    Other combos: Tank and Bomber, Tech and Commando etc.

3. Old pro matches. New pro matches are cancerous as normal ones. U end up playing against 3 Shockers, 1k Tanks etc. Year ago and more we still had that choice of stacking, but usually it ended with 2 Scouts or 2 Gunners, nothing really terrible. It would be nice to organise every weekend something, so who is free, would be amazing to try reviving again challenging matches.

Anyone got more suggestions? Whatā€™s ur thinking on these 3? :smile_cat:

4 Likes

Ow :cry:, why you poke my eye. [details=The joke (you can click the triangle)](you will not get it in less you got here from suggestions)[/details]

:eye: :nose:

:+1:

Some new maps or changes to existing ones that change how the gravity works other that with way is up and not only in six or around ten or is it twenty-four or forte sides/ways down/fields so changes of stronger/weaker and other ways e.g. fields that move via attached to a moving platform (also add things that move, make the battle filed change as the match goes on, path ways change, open, close or new areas open up)-fields that will change in a match, say your in a cube that has a smaller cube in the canter (that canā€™t be entered) the changing of this mapā€™s fields could be the cube you in six sides are down then changes to the centre cube is now down and this could be on at the same or different times (as well as if or when you can be out side the many cube i.e. the many cube could open up so you could now move on the out side of it.)(many cube is the cube with the cube in it.)

3 Likes
Y8 Games