💫 Freefall Tournament: General Discussion 💫

and is very frustrating for us too let you play with a ping of 400.
So many times i get shot and nobody is near me or shotting someone who’s realy on another ide of the map

lol/ text me

why isn’t the game free on steam? it was free on web and really there is no reason for anyone to buy it on steam. Espcially not this late. The game was on steam greenlight so far back and now it costs. I remember the game was on android for some time as well.

Let me explain this because it’s obviously extremely simple to answer
The web version contains adds and y8 earns money from the adds

Once on steam. No adds can be supported. What else can you earn money for from a game on steam when not all of the fft players buy in game items or cosmetics. This is why fft is $4.99 on steam and it’s not that bad of a price for a multiplayer only game.

I guess you’re right. I really wanted to have it on steam, I used to play this game so much 4-5 years ago. Think I reached General rank 2 or something xD. If this game would have only managed to come out on steam in 2014 it would be more popular.

I agree

I have only one question: why can’t they solve the game problems?

Y8 does not have any new developers to support fft

2 Likes

can we do something for the people who do bug using?

A brief video on how it is to play with high ping :stuck_out_tongue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnPpKjX09DY&feature=youtu.be
The other tank freezes in midair and there’s plenty of warping and frame drops lol

dang, I haven’t seen this before

Hi, for your info, FFT server will be rebooted now and tomorrow morning it will be shutdown for maintenance for approx 3 hours

Thursday August 29 7am AMS time = 5am UTC

3 Likes

Thank you, I have noticed an improvement. Of course I wasn’t complaining, I know pretty much all the issue is on my end. Bad internet service makes all the difference. I mainly post videos like this one I just recorded today > https://www.youtube.com/embed/XR4d8L9JhcM
So that people can see I’m not hacking, while I work on the last 700 or so xp I need to reach Mar and the cessation of my fft play till/if I can remedy my connection ^^

Hi, My freefall Nickname is Maj.TioDi.

My ping is always at 300 because I live in Brazil.

I wonder what you have to level on heroes to kill with a few shots. Equal the Generals.

By Google translator

Do you mean upgrading heroes?

Annoying Mine
Requirements:

1. Tech / Shocker character
  2. Shuttle Bay KOTH

When you respawn, fly ontop of the floating building and throw in mines

Then, you will need to catch the purple nuker bomb and quickly go inside of that floating building.

You will need to use shift (gravity boots) so it is faster for you to move, and throw the mine you collected at the control point.

Then, you will catch another purple nuker bomb at the opposite side and repeat this again

If you are using shocker, use your shield turret inside the building on your pathway. If there is enemies inside the floating building, you can also shock them. But i suggest you to keep the skill.

If you are Tech, consider putting down turrets to distract your enemie’s attention. If your teammate is fighting, consider stop this run and heal them. If they die, run away :slight_smile:

Pros

1. Deals great damage to a group of scout
  2. Helps your low-range teammate alot
  3. Triggers someone
  4. Sometimes you get easy kills from people who is likely rushing
    Cons
  5. Shocker will keep chasing you if they sense that you are annoying
  6. Homing bullets from Blaster will hurt you and makes you more vulnerable
  7. Mines on the pathway
  8. Railgunners

my highest 12 kills for using the mines
but this technique is not going to end well because people would likely change their characters and start targetting you

For Training Arena map:
Throw 3 mines at the same place near their spawning area. It can’t be too close as they have a shield when they respawn. most of the time, people will die instantly because there is 3 mines at the same spot

3 Likes

Hi TioDi,

Upgrades do very little difference on how fast you kill. This has a lot to do with the skill / experience you have using that specific class. For example, with Gunner, killing in 2-3 shots from long range is very common and can be done with no upgrades at all. Other classes that do a lot of damage do so at the cost of defence (though in most cases this can be nullified with good play).

Upgrades really do not do much. The generals you see playing “kill with a few shots” are not greatly assisted by their upgrades, trust me. At your rank I personally would focus on getting all the classes, getting a feel of what class you want to play as your main, etc.

Hopefully this helped!

Hey everyone

Just to let you know. The browser version of FFT is not working but if you want to keep playing the game. The steam version still works. How I know this is that I am playing it on steam right now.

also 5$ is worth to play the game tbh
You don’t get alot of lag like on the browser and the ping is lower in some areas.

Happy 100k views? xD

2 Likes

From where?

Y8 Games