Fixing the Blaster

I gotta say, only a highly skilled white knuckle player can be as good as all that to make blaster an infinite win machine. There are a few gamers, whom I’ve run into that I imagine use a game controller to play FFT and spend hours of their lives every night practicing. Yes, THOSE blasters will be unbeatable.

But every player has a pattern of movement that becomes almost robotic, so sit in the base for a moment and watch where the blaster is constantly going. I’ll bet you he’ll be zooming between bomb loads to reload, and skimming inbetween the hanger most often, if not sitting on top of the hanger and just aimlessly shooting at scared noobs in a noob team’s base.

My suggestion to you is to get a high dpi mouse, and turn the in-game sensitivity way down. You’ll be a much better sniper/player for having done so, once you get used to it.

First line of attack is gunner. The trick is, constant jump/shift and always staying in motion. As a gunner you’ve got a bit more maneuverability on your side even if you aren’t as fast. So instead of waiting for the blaster to come to you, hunt the thing, and always be on it’s back. As long as you have shatter bombs, you’ll be ok. I’ve even killed Marshals as a guest gunner, so I know it’s not that hard.

Second is blazer. But this comes down to having a good team. Wait in the corner and watch for the right moment. Blazer can see all the players anywhere they are, so hunting the blaster shouldn’t be that hard. A highly skilled blazer can make the game heck for a blaster if the team you’re on is good and serving as decoys. At this point, again be at the blasters back and above him and roast it.

As mentioned, Tank can get the job done. Turn up your mouse’s dpi and lower the in-game sensitivity to almost nothing and take the lock off of his gun. This makes the rapid fire tank much more deadly as long as you can master being accurate without the lock on. (This is impossible if you use a trackpad like I did for the first 3 years of playing this game)
You can actually almost-fly with tank in TDM arena, staying in the air almost all the time by looking straight up when pressing E and then using the jetpack wisely. This isn’t very useful of course, but just something to play around with if you’re in an empty arena.

To some it may not seem so, but the shocker can prove deadly to a blaster. Using the bubble gun to knock his stats down, and then freezing him midair, plus shock gun, can kill it, so long as you always stay in motion, thus disorienting the blaster.

Basically, what I am saying is the Blaster provides a challenge for you to become more highly skilled. I personally wouldn’t vote to change anything about it, even if I didn’t own it myself, because it can make a dull game fun. I have beaten a good blaster in at least 4 of the other classes besides blaster. And nowadays, blaster isn’t even my main, as shocker and gunner have my vote as the most useful classes. Just stay in motion, and don’t look back to see if he’s on your tail unless you’re ready to face him. Blasters don’t expect to be hunted, and it changes their play style into something out of their comfort zone when they are. Hunt kill, repeat. Chances are, your main problem is not being on a good team. A good team can make all the difference in winning/losing.

As a side note, once you do get blaster, you’ll probably like it the way it is.

2 Likes

Imma jus stick to mah Assassin to get the job donez :stuck_out_tongue:

Suggesting him to go Blazer and Tach (spoiler: Tech struggles even against a Shocker) is probably one of the worst ideas I’ve seen so far.

More annoyed*

Why do you think Blazer isn’t good against Blaster?
Tech, yeah, you’d need to be a very skilled tech in specific circumstances to kill a blaster.

It’s not about Tech being skilled or not but slow and sqishy. Turret (even on lvl 3) has issue that when enemies enter the capture point, gets confused and at the end or swapping targets constantly or it’s locking too slow (eventually both).
If we are talking about realistic 1v1 Tech and Blaster, Tech gonna stay alive 1 sec. Tech can’t even go against Shocker, not Blaster so cut the fantasies.

Blazer can catch Blaster only in small rooms maybe kill him and that’s it. Again too slow, Blaster easily can take the distance and just rocket him. Q reduces dmg that Blaster recieves.

@Nox @Cpt.Joe
Guess it’s just personal experience of what works for me :stuck_out_tongue:
I chase blasters around a room with the classes I mentioned, and I stay alive longer than the other classes allow, and eventually I get it killed. I never suggested going tech though? lol Not unless there’s a good tank in the room and you’re healing.

Someone suggested.

Tach can kill a Blaster only if Blaster focuses someone else (so add on that also not full hp on Blaster). But using that logic, any class can easily kill a Blaster if he ignores u.

But back to u,

U switched twice to Blaster when I was around. Played Shocker, got killed once and switched, second time dunno what u played but same story. Died once and switched.

Stating something like this is really bad and something I’ve always deeply hated about this community. I would like to see u get in a skin of anyone who reached Marshal and see how nice it feels to get constantly hunted by the entire team who want to achieve something by killing high rank and claim they killed a Marshal. Not like u gain immortallity with that rank or bullet resistance from 5 guns pointed at u. Other than that, reaching Mar doesn’t give u a god mode either, someone can be a better player as G1 than someone as G4-Mar. Not gonna mention how even with all of that experience u still can make some dumb mistakes and miss a clean shot, while in other moment u kill someone and u are like ‘how that even hit it?’. As someone who has 4-5x more experience on Gunner than in any other class, facing a Blaster is easy only in space station while in Shuttle someone sliding and hitting u with rockets will just kill u eventually. More hp, 100% hit from micro and if he is in a close range, clearly u won’t be able to snipe him (without scope u can’t hs). The only reason why Blaster will be in adventage is knock down from rockets and nothing else. Without it, Gunner would have a fair chance to kill him in 1v1. Again, this is from perspective of ‘1v1 without interupting on side and focusing someone else’.

Yeah, will do occasionally if I feel it’s called for, but it’s not as much fun. What user name do you use?

All the scenarios I gave was for playing koth.
From the perspective of people hating blaster, Marshal blasters would be the most difficult, all I was saying is that it can be done…I recognize and agree with what you’re saying here I’d much rather be on the Mar.'s team rather than defeating him, because these skilled players give me room to test out some unusual playing styles without being killed too much for doing so.
There’s someone who’s not even G3, and he’s mastered blaster so well, almost nobody that goes to defeat him can touch him if he’s on any sort of decent team. (course he’s not shy about boasting this fact in-game which is a bit annoying)
It certainly isn’t all about rank.

I go with many usernames in the game. Was just checking something and it happened that u were in that room.
Dunno for current Marshals or who plays Blaster but I do know that every time I went on 15 mins in the game for the past half year I could only see Blasters.

There is no ‘mastering Blaster’. Only 2 scenariors:

1. slide and spam rockets.
  2. on close range vs scout: take the distance from haze and use Q+minigun; vs tank/other blaster position urself a bit above since micro on head stuns.

Thats literally it. And for the same reason I played Blaster only when I didn’t know what else to play/ was bored to death since it leaves zero space for more tactical/creative/skilled way of play. For that SAME REASON ppl are playing Blaster since it’s far more easier to pick up kills with minimum effort.

Idk, there’s gotta be skill involved with blaster because some are easy/hard depending on who you go up against…

Lately I’ve been finding it fun to play as a guest as gunner. Maybe I’ll find you in a room one of these times and we can have a duel. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hardly u gonna see me in the game since I’m not playing it, but if it comes to steam, maybe who knows.

You’re talking about G2. hecfaleo right?

Yeah, he’s one of those people that I would consider a master blaster. Even if I have gotten him a couple times, it’s pretty crazy trying to catch him and you saw how often I died in doing so :stuck_out_tongue: … So I could either chalk up his prowess to using a usb game controller and pounding the buttons like they owe him money, or he’s gotten “skilled” in using blaster just by practice alone.

It was discussed on discord about him.

Sliding around with rockets and hitting ppl who are trying to cap while u are not isn’t mastering any class (except sniper).
Running away on a first hit u get is supposed to be a thing? U can do the same with Tank + cap here and there but thats like 5%.
I just ignore the players like him and pull out a profit from it.

And hecfaleo is hecktorex. He was doing exact same thing while playing on TheGoldo acc.

Hmm. Tempted to get discord, been prompted in the past to get it but haven’t yet done so… Is there an official one for fft?
Btw, a bit off subject, (well, it’s been off subject for a while in here already lol.). but is their a game glitch that allows a rapid fire rail gun? Almost 5 times as fast a normal at least when I run into these people.

Thats a bug with displaying wrong weapon. It’s AR and damage is identical.

2 Likes

These do not mean the same thing. You’re right, I don’t have a good idea of how I would play blaster, because I never paid money/farmed credits to buy him. However, I do have a good idea of how good Blasters play because I’ve seen Blasters dominate matches, carry teams, etc.

The reason that I say that you should stop saying git gud isn’t because I’m offended or because I don’t like the phrase. The reason that I say that you should stop saying git gud (or statements to that effect) is because it’s not actually constructive and it doesn’t add anything to the discussion. Instead of saying, “The Gunner’s Railgun is a counter to the Blaster because it can outrange the Blaster’s Rocket Launcher and stun the Blaster on headshots,” you essentially say, “The Gunner’s Railgun is a counter to the Blaster because good snipers can kill the Blaster with it and if you can’t then you’re not a good sniper.” See what I mean? You don’t actually contribute any points.

Wait, what? Are you saying that you wouldn’t mind if the Blaster was “too less powerful” or that nerfing the Minigun wouldn’t make the Blaster underpowered?

If you think my side arguments are unnecessary, explain why.

If I skipped it, I probably agree with it.

I’m sorry, I had no idea that your descriptions of the bubble took precedence over the official game descriptions of how it worked. Look a couple of comments above my last reply to you and you’ll see the official description of the bubble. It clearly states that taking damage reduces the duration of the bubble.

Pardon me if I don’t use your personal experience as the gold standard for how this game works.[quote=“Dea83, post:17, topic:19123”]
Blaster is not engaging YOU, but YOU are going in a close range since YOU have the speed.
[/quote]

How many abilities, exactly, have cc effects for the Blaster?

I’m happy to have a hover contest with you if you honestly don’t understand that the charge mechanic doesn’t provide the same capabilities as the push-to-float.

Probably to kill a Blaster or something idk

I was commenting on the weird grammatical structure of the sentence, not on its intended meaning. The Blaster also has two other abilities.

As far as I know, the only mention I made of the Scout was when someone else was arguing that the Tank was the fastest class in the game.

No.

That was a very long sentence.

Again, the Blaster has three cc abilities to buy it time to back away.

This is literally the hardest scenario for sniping with the gunner, with the exception of maybe extremely close (meelee range) targets.

Again, this is also the hardest scenario for a tech.

lol.

Yikes, don’t post that here. People might figure out how to write coherent replies.

Meh. It would probably cost less to just buy the blaster.

Gunner is also squishy - if the Blaster just turns around and shoots you, you have a problem on your hands.

Viable strategy. Difficult to execute at longer ranges because of Flamethrower’s range and Heat-Ray just tickles against the hero tied for the highest health+forcefield in the game for the first couple of seconds.

I’ll take your word for it.

It’s difficult to keep the Blaster at close range.

Y8 Games