[Finished] $10,000 Y8 and id.net 1 Week Game Developer Contest!

Hi @andyman404 dont worry, we are not going to follow these terms very strictly this is just to avoid abuse.

1 Like

Yes, Ankit is right. We use them so there won’t be any extreme violence game which isn’t appropriate for children to play.
Blood is ok, as long its not lots of gore and bloodbath like in Quentin Tarantino’s movies :slight_smile:

1 Like

To implement to id.net features, I guess we need to create an app inside our id.net admin panel ?
if this is so, are there special things to take into consideration ? type of app, etc…
Thanks

1 Like

Yes, the Construct 2 plugin should satisfy the 2 feature requirement of the contest.

Yes, you will need to make an app at id.net. In most cases, the minimum will be enough. App type can be left at the default. If you need more permissions from the user, you can select those as needed. When you submit a game to Y8 there is a checkbox to notify us it’s for the contest.

2 Likes

Up to what time you need to upload the game? March 15th or 16th?

1 Like

Submit games before March 16th, 2016 11.59 pm (GMT)

1 Like

eddie, may be some time left timer on contest page?

2 Likes

I asked about adding a deadline timer. It’s being worked on now and should be visible soon.

1 Like

Hi guys,

What about Y8 + IDNet logos, are they requied as a part of API or no?

1 Like

Hi Geovizz, you are free to use them if you want. They are not required for the API or contest.

2 Likes

May our splash screen contain more than one external link? I was hoping we could have a link to each member’s site (three people in total).

The officials rules state

The game may not contain any advertisement nor other external links,
except for a splash screen with a link to Developer’s game studio.

Just wanted to check in before I implement them. Thanks!

Hi BretHudson,

If the splash contains lots of outlinks, it might look bad. Also, there shouldn’t be any problems with a “Credit” button/page where all participants of the game, are properly credited, and linked with outlinks ofc.

2 Likes

Oh course, a credits page would work nicely. Thanks!

1 Like

All ok :slight_smile: Have a nice dev days!

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn’t have time to reply yesterday. The timer is up on the contest page now.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m working on a Unity game for the contest and because I need to upload both .unity3d and webGL files, I think I cannot use the upload form.

At which email address we need to send the files?

Also, I created an app at https://www.id.net/applications, but what should I put under Link and Redirect URI fields?

Thank you and have a nice day!

1 Like

Hi @beware,

Files can be sent to idnet at webgroup-limited.com

For the link/redirect uri, use your website if you have one. Otherwise, just put id.net in there. We’re working on improving the app and upload process, so this will change in the future.

1 Like

Hi!
How i can edit submitted game or resubmit updated version?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, Currently there is no way to update a game. You will have to send an email.

1 Like

When we submit, shall we change the link/redirect uri in our code? For example, I’m testing on a local server sandbox (e.g., localhost:4443). Or will this be taken care of?

1 Like
Y8 Games