Construct2 plugin

Hi,
I have been contacted to work with your API dev.id.net.
My games are made with Construct2, do you think you could work on a plugin for it ?
Thanks in advance.

Nicolas

1 Like

Hi, We have a JavaScript SDK that should work with all JS game engines. I can see that Construct2 allow people to make games without knowing how to write code. Is that the issue?

Edit: The id.net Construct2 plugin is available at GitHub.

1 Like

Hi,
yes, usually publishers (Spilgames, Famobi, etc.) provide a plugin that allow construct2 users to easily show ads/highscores/etc without having to code anything.
You don’t “write” code with Construct2, you drag and drop functions, it’s like Game Maker. Scirra has made a documentation to help publishers to make a plugin for their api : https://www.scirra.com/manual/15/sdk

1 Like

Right, I will consult the team about this. To me, it seems to make sense to support Construct2. However, it could require considerable resources. I looked over the guide to make a plugin and it suggested first learning the basics of Construct2 before writing any code. So first we will decide if we want to support their system. I will keep you updated here.

1 Like

Thank you for thinking about it!
C2 is really easy and fast to assimilate, but I’ll respect whatever decision you make.
I await your news.
Have a nice day.

1 Like

Hi, good news. We have decided to make a C2 plugin. We estimate it will take about a week or so to complete. I will add a link here to the docs when it’s ready.

2 Likes

Any word on when the plugin will be finished? I have a client requesting the implementation ID.net and I’m a Construct 2 user as well.

1 Like

The dev working on the C2 plugin said it would take about 6 days to complete. I asked about it a few days ago and it seemed like he started it but had not finished. So hopefully, in a week or two we will have it ready.

1 Like

6 days later. Hope that plugin is almost ready. I have a client who wants me to implement id.net and I know several developers who also interested in this plug-in.

Hello everyone.
Development of plugin for Construct 2 in process. Please wait little.
When it is will be ready, I will post link

Hello everyone.

This plugin for Construct 2. Tested in Construct2 Build 221 (64-bit)

If will be any problems or questions, please write here

1 Like

Hi! i am a game developer who use Construct2 a lot, is there any tutorial or something to learn how to use the plugin??

Plugin is updated. Added instruction of install and using

The possibilities of this plugin will be enough to satisfy the conditions of current contest “$10,000 Y8 and id.net 1 Week Game Developer Contest!” ?

Online achievements and online save features are highly needed. I have made a game with multiple levels where you can get 3 stars, so submitting highscore is not that usefull and with this plugin I’m only able to implement the send images feature, and that is not enough for the contest demands…

Hi, these are good points. We have bumped @codir2 for updates. Hopefully online saves can be added quickly. Maybe achievements too. Though for the contest, it will be good to have a plan B and just use what is available to meet the requirements if possible. Then if there is time, implement the more appropriate features when they are available.

1 Like

Hi everyone
Plugin is updated. Added support of achievements and cloud saves

2 Likes

i get a string error when calling for username

Sorry for my English, but any questions on the use of plug-in and I need help.

1. How can I find out if a player logged in id.net or not to show him the login window or otherwise run the game?
  2. How do I get a user name? There IDNet.Username, but when I try to write the value to a variable, an error occurs. Am I doing something wrong?
  3. How to load the saved data? Let’s say I need to download the pre-stored in a variable number of levels, but because LOAD function makes it impossible to specify where to download data! Or is it their Restores the same variable where it was recorded?

Hi everyone
Plugin is updated. Added UserIsAuthorized and UserIsNotAuthorized. Fixed bug with loading sdk and calling _ID on remoted hosts. And before using idnet services (cloud saves, achiviements) need authorized user (use login or register for this)

1 Like
Y8 Games