Steam Account Linking Feature

The Account Linking Tool for Steam is available now!
Sorry for the delays we had some last-minute bugs to squash…
We believe this tool is solid, but if you encounter any problems please do let us know and we will dig into the database to sort it out!

Text only step-by-step instructions:

How to link your Y8.com Freefall Tournament account so you can play that character with Steam.

1. Login to WebGL version of Freefall Tournament i.e Y8.com account
2. Select the Settings menu option
3. Press the "Account Transfer" button
4. Select the "Link to Steam" button
5. Enter the Profile name of your Steam account and press Confirm
6. Write down the secret code that is generated
7. Exit the Y8.com version of the game
8. Start your Steam version of the game
9. Select the Settings menu option
10. Press the "Account Transfer" button
11. Type in the secret code that you wrote down and press Confirm
12. Exit the Steam version of the game
13. Your account is now linked, when you play via Steam you will access the same character that you have on Y8.com

NOTE: Any Experience, ZCash or Slugs you had in your Steam account have been added on to your linked character!

WARNING:

the game does not have a character select screen, and I don’t know if it is possible to access one copy of the Steam game from multiple different profiles inside Steam… so currently it is only possible to link ONE account to your Steam copy. The tool does not allow multiple transfers, so make sure you pick the correct account when generating your secret code!

The same instructions again, with screen shots!

1. Login to WebGL version of Freefall Tournament i.e Y8.com account
  2. Select the Settings menu option
  3. Press the “Account Transfer” button
  4. Select the “Link to Steam” button
  5. Enter the Profile name of your Steam account and press Confirm
  6. Write down the secret code that is generated
  7. Exit the Y8.com version of the game
  8. Start your Steam version of the game
  9. Select the Settings menu option
  10. Press the “Account Transfer” button
  11. Type in the secret code that you wrote down and press Confirm
  12. Exit the Steam version of the game
  13. Your account is now linked, when you play via Steam you will access the same character that you have on Y8.com
6 Likes

YASSs

(when it states to insert your Profile name don’t get confused with your steam account name, it is in fact your current nickname it looks up for. also dont have special characters in it because can’t ctrl+v in the webgl version)

4 Likes

I have discovered that we may have multiple names for the Steam account. You must use the Profile name, which might not be the same as the one you login to Steam with.
To see your Profile name, in the Steam Client it is the name next to "Store Library Community "

3 Likes

Thank you for your dedication to bring this into fruition insane, must have been tough to figure out.

2 Likes

I learned a lot more about the database and PHP and quite a lot of the game code while doing it :smiley:

2 Likes

Worked as its supposed to. Also the credits earned are also transfered, great job! Now my question is, i wanted to change my nickname but there isnt a way to do that in the game. Can you change it?

2 Likes

it’s perfect,and you even a certain bug where the backspace deletes slowly…
God bless you for this… hopefully some older players would make a return,i’ve even had some great matches like old times a few minutes ago.

2 Likes

:blush: I’m afraid we had to revert the backspace change… turns out that the Unity bug we “fixed” by making it delete slowly was only properly fixed in Unity 2018 (and we are using 2017 right now). If we leave the backspace to delete at the proper speed then sometimes it will delete two letters at once :frowning:

2 Likes

@insanehero

I have multiple WebGL version account want to transfer to Steam version.
but when I do so, it can only login last account on Steam, transfer from WebGL version.
and on steam version it seems theres no any selection option can select Previous transfer account?

When I try to Re-operation my Previous account by WebGL version transfer tool,
it have a failed message told me this account is already linked to steam,
still it will generated secret code. but when I type in the Steam version, it won’t worked.
Please help thank you.

2 Likes

You are getting all set to write FFT2 :grinning:

3 Likes

:scream:

2 Likes

Hello @veda

It is only possible to link one account to each copy of the game on Steam.
I am not sure if it is possible for us to change this unless we add a ‘character selector’ for the Steam version which somehow recognises all of your accounts and lists them for you to choose from. That is not currently planned but I will discuss it with the other developers and the managers.

I will send you a PM where we can discuss this further.

@insanehero

3 Likes

Great idea a lot of player enjoy to play sometimes in alt acc, so i had the same doubt, how we can use our alt acc’s, let us know if y’all will work on it.

2 Likes

Guys I curious who is this Mar account ? :relaxed:

1 Like

The images are from my developer account. It is Mar but I did not earn it… one of the advantages of being in control of the database!

3 Likes

Haha :joy:

2 Likes

yay and thx

when you said zcash + EXP were added
now I am a lieutenant

1 Like

spent on upgrades, thats why I only have 889 z cash

1 Like

what a freakin waste…

1 Like

my upgradeds ALL 3+