Possible suggestions flashgames on the y8 browser

Dear y8 devs, I’ve loved this website for years. I mostly came back here for nostalgia reasons and to relive fond memories. It means a lot to me. But at the same time I guess I’m here to make a suggestion.
It’s hard to find flash games on your website now. I installed the Y8 browser to be able to find flash games. I find it relieving that I’m still even able to play them. However, It’s hard to find flash games if I don’t know the name. A lot of the categories no longer include flash games, so I can’t sort by them. In the flash category all the flash games are there, but there’s no way to sort that. I don’t know if you have any ideas that might help.
I also have some suggestions (I don’t even know if you’re taking any) surrounding flashgames.
Maybe on the browser, flash games could be intermixed within the other games, because on the browser the flash games are accessible.
One thing I’ve always thought that might help the way people may search games on your site could be being able to combine multiple tags together, like being able to search without keywords, so that things could be filtered to only shows games that contain both the tags. Like picking the tag flash and adventure, it would show flash and adventure games. It might make things easier to narrow down specific games in general.
I don’t know if anyone else has this problems, probably not, but I thought I might throw it out there. I don’t know anything about coding or anything like that, so I don’t even know if it would be possible for you, or if that would be a change that seemed worth making, which I’m prepared if it’s not. It used to be very easy to find flash games on the site, and even if things remain like they are now I’ll most definitely stay.
I just miss things a lot and wish I could revist things like I previously experienced. If that’s possible I would try my best to experiece things as closely as possible for me.

2 Likes

Hello !

First of all thank you for being so loyal to the site and for so long, it warms our heart.

As for flash games that are no longer highlighted, it’s a strategic choice, because most large browsers like Google, Firefox, etc. don’t like to highlight outdated technology and therefore risk bringing down our ranking in internet searches. It’s a daily fight that we have to do on this side :slight_smile:

As a result, flash games are always accessible via the tags page

But it is true that without knowing the exact name it can be complicated to find a specific game…

2 Likes

Hey, thank you for responding. I totally get that. I appreciate knowing why. I hope y8 continues to grow.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Y8 Games