Is there a volume control / mute option in the Y8 browser?

Is there a volume control / mute option in the Y8 browser? If not, please add one, because I like listening to my own music while playing games.

2 Likes

Hi, there! :wave:

Unfortunately, you can’t lower the volume of a tab in Chrome, but there’s a way to mute the Y8 browser tab.

You can do that by Right-Clicking the tab you want to mute, after that, you’ll find multiple choices, click the one named “Mute Site”.

Or if you meant the actual Y8 browser, you can control or and mute the volume from the volume mixer, refer below.

Right-Click windows volume icon > Open volume mixer.

And that’s it, I hope that helps!

1 Like

The windows volume mixer changes the volume for everything on the computer. As I said, I like listening to my own mp3 music files while playing games, so it would be helpful for the actual Y8 browser to have it’s own volume control setting.

1 Like

You right click on the volume icon on your taskbar, select “volume mixer”, then you can independently control the volume of certain window.

For better accessibility, there is an open source tool called “Eartrumpet” (MS Store) that makes the volume mixer much easier to access and you can change which audio output device you want a certain window to play sound.

2 Likes
Y8 Games