šŸ’« Freefall Tournament: General Discussion šŸ’«

Who are the people that still play FFT? im thinking about returning this year but if its just going to be guest players and tryhards is it worth it? Any Kongregate fam still around?

@cow3477 part where u said how ā€˜if u donā€™t play a tank itā€™s frustratingā€™ is incorrect. Sniper in this game has insane mobility and after playing games around, I couldnā€™t simple play it on the same level as Gunner in FFT. WHy? Mobility, op shatter, op AR in case I need to use it. And after using every single class, Iā€™ll just say that there is always a way to kill the entire team and capture and carry on ur own if u have to.
@Rja12

For both of u - frutsration is understandable, I decided to keep quiet about many things up that has been said from all sides and I would just say to let it goā€¦ For now.

4v4 was never a solution and 8/8 just gives a feeling that server is full while in fact under FRG it could go up to 9v9, but less rooms. Point? Itā€™s the same amount of players. 50k clicks and 200 players online is not the same thing.

Iā€™m trying to ignore how the game was previously (back in 2012-2013 era when I would say the game was at itā€™s peak). Of course the game has gone down from there, and I donā€™t think anyone would argue. But for the short time that Iā€™ve come back where the number of filled servers were dismal, the 4v4 actually makes a humongous difference. Consider the approx. 3 rooms of 7v7 that were filled last week compared to the 8 or 10 filled rooms of 4v4 now. This is by no means a good fix, or a permanent fix, but itā€™s managing to keep the gameā€™s head above the water, for now.

The part about the tank: Yes itā€™s true, any pro player can use any class to take down blasters, or pretty much any class you think is OP. Iā€™m just detailing that the tank seems to be the class that even beginner players can use to do decent damage against a proficient blaster. Iā€™m not implying tank is the best class, in fact I hate playing tank myself. But when you have to put up with an annoying blaster, an equally annoying tank is usually a good solution. Gunner is a very user-friendly class and can be used to snipe blasters, but because I assume you want to do this from a good distance away, you essentially cannot go back and recapture before the blaster respawns.

Tank is the best class to easily take out, do some damage, or stay alive for longer against a pro blaster when controlled by a newish player.

Yes, Iā€™m sure that sniping is effective against pro blasters, but that,s not something a new player can pull off. Most players have no idea what sniping is. If they do, an even smaller amount can kill a moving target. If they can do that, an even more minuscule amount can kill a moving target while moving themselves.

nope and nope :frowning:

Skins have effect? Or just DECORATION?

@cow3477 as much as I think u are right with some statements, there are some that u might want to think twice about it and potencially change ur mind on it. Regardless for who I work or how much I like this game, Iā€™m trying to be very objective here. U keep repeating how great the game was 2012, yet u skip the fact game just came out and of course it attracted more players in very beginning. Also, there was way less rooms so it might seem as more full. Even 2014. I wouldnā€™t call game bad. Sure it wasnā€™t in itā€™s prime, as u saw what FRG said, game could cover only server costs.I would also like to say - some individuals should stop with ā€˜everyone saidā€™ because few ppl canā€™t talk in a name of the whole community. I left AS PLAYER because I moved to another games and this game didnā€™t have a real hero/map/rebalance update since 2014 (except tutorial which for me, as older player, makes no difference) and game was under FRG in that time so under both companines game didnā€™t have a real update 3-4 years.Padrone left for the same reason + hacker era in 2015-2016. Let me remind u how ronney used to kick the entire room of players and I am talking about 8v8 rooms.

I do agree with u that rebalancing many classes is needed but they are like this since I started to play this game. So, early 2014. Which means real rebalance didnā€™t happened since 2012-2013. Again, under both companies. U clearly can see as well how many games are on Y8 and FFT is not the only game to handle.
There is a reason why support spam was more cancerious than team full of heavies but at the end, is it really fair to ask from ppl to play on high skill level? Not everyone can do it, at the end. Thatā€™s why games have difficulty of classes and itā€™s players choice. I enjoy Tank and Gunner as much as I enjoy Bomber and Shocker. But thatā€™s just me and I canā€™t expect from ppl to act the same way as I do. Webgl broke the Tank and HMG is near impossible to use.
Now, I am more than willing to change the stuff regarding rebalancing, but thatā€™s not up to me. Also, there is another big issue, riot that can start because we changed ppls main class while they liked to abuse some of theā€¦Not that fair adventages of it. Thatā€™s because ppl want changes and want them correct, but yet being subjective and selfish.

@Cpt.Joe and than that new player runs on me and I prove him opposite with any class, even Tech. I am not sure against which new players u play, but against those i played in about 5-8k hours, they didnā€™t even know how to slide. Hell, some didnā€™t even know how to get out of base. Other than that, ppl donā€™t know weakness of some class. I am pretty sure that many didnā€™t figure out how Bomber is effective against Tank, in fact he is anti-Tank.

@atompocok skins are just to make u look fancy, itā€™s not p2w.

Yeah, youā€™re right. Thinking about it, 90% of the new players ive met have no idea what to do, even get out of their base. Im happy if they kill someone or just lend a hand in capturing the CP for a few seconds even.

Obviously, there is that other 10% who have figured out how to use some classes, but 90% > 10% => youā€™re right.

hate to disagree, but thats not much difference ā€“
3 * 14 = 52
9 * 8 = 72

Ive noticed that the number of half filled rooms have gone drastically down, while before there might be around 10 half-filled rooms when there was 8v8, now there are only around five.

Basically, the amount of players on at any given time are around the same.

I retract my previous statement, solely because of the fact that it was supposed to be a temporary fix (which I did mention before, nobody said that reducing room size would magically increase player base).

You make a lot of good points, and I have to agree that the game has not changed as much as one would expect over the span of 6 years.

I have not played consistently since 2013, and have honestly only checked back once in 2014 to see nothing but a slide and tutorial added, along with what I consider a graphics downgrade. Did FRG think that they were upgrading the graphics? I honestly preferred the graphics before then, they felt less cartoonish.

Essentially, because I havenā€™t consistently played since then, I have no right to form an opinion about class usage or how WebGl affected details like class weapons. However from what I can see in the game and on the forums, there hasnā€™t been any improvement for a while, which is unacceptable.

which has bigger damage FLAMETHROWER or AUTO-SHOTGUN from close.

And what it means greater LOCK-ON Angle.

Well I was around most of the time and as moderator I do know a lot of things. Spring-Summer-Fall 2016 was probably the worst period this game ever had.

2014 they added Space Station and Commando, might be even Bomber but Iā€™m not sure for Bomber.

Regarding graphics, I do agree with u, but gonna spare u searching around and scrolling over all topics, players agreed and asked to have slightly worse graphics and less lag. Proof is the Moon Base, itā€™s playable now (in Web player MB wasnā€™t optimized well and room would lag after 2 min). Many FFT players runs the game with 2GB,4GB low end PC-s that can support old games. So however u turn, if game goes on better, doesnā€™t mean everyone would be able to play it.
Told u itā€™s more tricky as it seems on a first look.

I listed somewhere what went broken and itā€™s not only Tank. Mostly affected accuracy and broken damage.

Flamethrower. Flamethrower has highest dps for a weapon in the game. I think.

Basically, you will be able to lock on before you were able to lock on before. Does that make sense? I donā€™t know O_o

I dont understand, reflexes 2 % greater lock on angle.

The old freefalltournament has more ads, for respawning time.

fairest game ever

fairest game part 2

2 Likes

O itā€™s not that unfair. If u want to make it more fair, swap that blasters. On the other hand, both blasters in negative kdr which shows enough.
First match Tank-Blaster-Techā€¦For real? Like 3 of u going in Third World War.
Matchmaking is not the best and itā€™s based on ELO. Win/loss. Rank got nothing to do with it. And that Lft is an alt.

Just make them all Techs and it will be fair.

Y8 Games