Discord Issue #FreeFunny

This in relation to the discord issue that got one of our server community members unfairly banned.I am currently writing this from the view point of an admin in charge of the server.
In the course of this entire thing I’ll refer to our unfairly banned user as FUNNY.
[The user is not funny in the words sense.]

What happened

After going through the records, it seemed that another user had posted a screenshot of his steam review for the FFT game, which the user @Joll seemed displeased and replied

Of course seeing that she had replied in such a manner saying she would ban the user, FUNNY of course replied in a similar manner telling her

“hes giving his honest opinion calm the fuck down”
“instead of being a bitch take his feedback into consideration”

In response to this it seemed that @Joll was not pleased with his profanity and had threatened to ban him.

Which apparently was just what happened.

Why this is wrong

Please keep the key points that are highlighted in mind.

I agree that the player in question who was banned was aggressive. But the main issue of the matter is the server is a community hosted discord server and is not owned or administered by any personal from the id.net company. An argument that occurred on a server not owned by her or id.net should not result in a ban of a user from the game nor its forum unless he does so on Id.net platforms as in forum or in game.

The fact that @Joll was incapable of taking “hate” and let it result in a player being banned because of personal reasons is unprofessional and not something I wish to see from the team that’s developing one of my most beloved games FFT.

The fact that such abuse of power is a liable option is disgusting and knowing that such people are who we of the community are working with is not something I am in anyway pleased with. I have been playing this game since its beta in 2012 but such clear abuse of power is not something I wish to see from people working on this game I spent my money and time on for over 6 years and counting.

Thank you for your time and I wish that you take the proper actions on this matter.

The reason why @Joll posts are screenshot displayed is because it seems that she had edited her posts so as to make it look as though FUNNY had instigated the argument.

#FreeFunny

Hi,

sorry to say but he cant be unbanned, he must learn to respect his follow players and developers and about the other issues, dont worry we are looking on them.

Edit: And nothing can be personal or private if you invite our developer there.

Please explain. I would love a detailed explanation for this statement.

Yes sure,

If your friend invited you at his place and swear on you, hurt you and later said he cant be punished because that property is not owned by Government.

Here

You= Joll
Your Friend = Funny
Government = Y8/Idnet

Hope its clear now.

And as I said please give us time to look into other issue.

I don’t want to be the one ruining the party, however y8 in this case isn’t the goverment. Joll in discord is a user like any other, which means normal rules apply to her like anyone else.

Y8/id.net didn’t own the server she was invited to nor owns discord. There is no relation between the two. Ergo y8 has no right on users in that enviroment.

I dont know what normal rules you are talking about. but yes if Discord community take any action against funny instead of complaining here. things could have been better.

and about Joll behavior dont worry we will look after that.

Agreed

free my nigga funny
yall some commies tbh

Firstly, your analogy makes absolutely no sense, whatsoever. As for this not being a personal issue, it is a personal issue of @Joll when one of your employees has an argument with a player on a PUBLIC discord server and decides it is OK to ban him just because she didn’t like what he said. A decision made because of such a thing coming from a team that works mainly on a community based level, this is not something that we the community should be seeing from your employees.

Second the only issue here is that a player was banned because one of your employees got (forgive me for the obscene language) “butt hurt” from a bad review and being called out on her threatening to abuse her power.

I don’t get what this other issue is.

As for us not taking action against funny, if either of them had actually called for an “actual” admin like me in the first place, we would’ve temporarily muted both users without taking either side. Neither would be banned for something as silly as a disagreement over the internet.

Thing is, he didn’t break any rules discord wise.

That was a general classic rant between two users like many others seen in any other discord server. As long as the two respect the server rules, they are fine. So no this has to be talked here.
Firsty because he got banned here.
Secondly, discord won’t take any action towards him since he didn’t really break any rule.

Stop trying to politically work this out, because you are failing in every front. Truth is, funny got banned because a Dev got tilted. In fact at the end of the conversation between the two, she instantly left the server where it all happened. A classic raging move.

That was actually a kid move. Come on now.

1 Like

Sorry to say but I cant help here.

And same I dont except community to support a player who keep abusing the developer in public for whatever the reason. If you put a case of some nice gentleman I would have surely listen to you guys but here he get punished for his own sins.

Dont worry we’ll look after that issue

Joll might dont know about all this but she complained to me and I agreed with the ban because we dont allow anyone to invite and than swear on our employees.

But he does Y8 wise. We cant allow any player to swear on our employee and take it as a cool stuff and try to be hero in front of others.

And sorry to say but I wont reply on this tread any further about this ban matter, talk to me after 15 days I might think again.

I don’t think people understand the point I’m trying to put across.

• I’m saying you Y8 in the first place did not have the “right” to punish either of them. Neither Joll or Funny should be punished by you in this situation.

• The argument it self was something between 2 people in a public server. No matter how immature or how much profanity the users spew in that server getting the Third party which is you, involved is wrong because your rules don’t apply there since you don’t own the server.

• The problem came when Funny got banned because of the argument, which shouldn’t have happened. We don’t want you to take sides here, The one in the wrong is not Joll or Funny, its Y8 for actually thinking its OK to severely punish someone for having an opinion different from someone else. Just because that other person “works” for them. In the first place the ones who took a side is you, not us.

At most we ask that he gets unbanned and an apology for the ban and nothing else. We aren’t asking Joll to apologize, we’re asking Y8 to apologize for allowing to ban him. Since clearly she wouldn’t have the authority to make a decision like that herself.

That is literally it.

I’ll wait for the 15 day reply, clearly you haven’t been thinking at all considering what I have read thus far.

2 Likes

Basically:
Joll got “butthurt” over a bad review posted on the discord server in question. However the person posting that review had every right to post it there, as that did not violate any rules and a number of the server members were in agreement with the content of the review.

Funny defended the posting of the review with some obscene language and that went back and forth until Joll said that she was going to ban Funny over using obscene language towards a developer. However Discord is a public server which Y8 has NO jurisdiction over.

What I’m saying is that what happened in the Discord server in question should have stayed in that Discord server as a private argument. However banning Funny was not an appropriate response. I mean that in the most respectful way possible and I understand that you control your company and your website.

In my opinion, Funny should be unbanned and an apology given to him - as a Y8 employee started the argument by saying that a bad review for the game should not have been posted there (in fact the review had every right to be posted there) and the profanity spewed because of that argument. Which should not have happened in the first place. Y8 has no jurisdiction in a public Discord server - and as such what happened in that discord server should have stayed there and not have any consequences outside of there.

3 Likes
Y8 Games