Can I Undo my Account Transfer from Kongregate?

Hi there,

I first played freefall tournament about 5 years ago, back when there were only four classes and a bunch of veterans would also play. I stopped playing after around 2 years ago, and checked infrequently to see new things like classes and maps. I recently got back into playing and made some good progress over the past days before deciding to see if I could transfer my Kong account, which I did, but to my surprise I was more advanced on my recent run compared to my old run on Kongregate (probably bc I was a 12 year old noob). I was wondering if anyone would be able to undo this transfer or return the progress I’d made over the last couple of days, because I really enjoy the game and I may start playing once again.

I’d greatly appreciate any help, and thanks in advance to the developers for working so hard on this for the past couple of years. I honestly can’t say I like the change in graphics but the game is similar to how I remember it and I’ve had a blast these past few days.

Thanks

Hi,

can you please share your id.net email registered with your account so we can have a look if it is doable…

Thanks.
Ankit.

Hi @cow3477

when we transfer your Kongregate Account to an id.net account it gives you a large warning message that this cannot be reversed. The reason why is because the transfer involves taking the old Kongregate data and using it to overwrite some of the id.net data in the database.
I’m sorry to say the warning is accurate, this process cannot be reversed in the current database - whatever experience and items you had in the id.net account has been replaced with the Kongregate data that you transferred over it.
That said, I will send you a Private Message with some questions, if you can answer them quickly and work with me on this, there might be a way to get something back out of a database backup - although it probably won’t be 100%

For other players about to try this, the best idea is to create a brand new id.net Freefall Tournament account (there is no limit on how many you can make) and transfer to the new one. Then if you decide that the progress on your original id.net account is better, you can just switch back to playing that one.

With my access to the live database almost anything is possible except for recovering data which has been replaced by other data.

Y8 Games