[AS3] SMP: No response from the server

Hi,
Since yesterday I see a strange behavior of the server. When I run the application often server does not start.
Sometimes I get an response, but server stuck to the other actions.

Hey Tokar, We did have a bug before Aug. 6th 2016 that was causing issues. It has been fixed and I haven’t seen any new issues come up yet. Let me know if you still have a problem, it could be something else.

Hey Eddie, I still have this problem, I made a screenshot my output, maybe it might somehow help to understand the cause. Picture Redacted

I’ve been working with another dev with almost identical situation. Though, I haven’t been able to repeat it in my multiplayer testing project. My best guess has been that there is a problem with the start sequence. If not setup correctly, sometimes code can get stuck in a infinite loop because SMP needs to disconnect/connect to different servers. The Matchmaking Example does provide a working example in Flash AS3. The main parts to check in your code is the SMP starting.

I’m doing some more testing and I’m seeing the same as you. Something is causing the start to be very slow and not respond. I will investigate more.

I assumed that I could make a mistake in code when I done last tasks with multiplayer, but then I tried to run earlier versions and I saw the same thing.
Thank you very much, and excuse me for the screenshot.

No worries, I deleted the picture because it had your session token shown. :slight_smile: About the problem, it has me confused about what could be the cause. I’m checking with my coworkers, maybe something changed on the servers. I will keep you updated.

I found the issue was coming from one server. Until we figure out the cause, I have moved all multiplayer traffic elsewhere. It might be a little congested but it should work.

I also run The Matchmaking Example, but still without changes. Server reacts to it like as on my application.

Hi Tokar, We made some changes to improve the multiplayer servers speed. We will be upgrading the servers more later. Everything has been working smoothly today. I will keep monitoring though. Thanks for reporting. Let me know if there are more problems. :relieved:

Hi Eddie, That’s great, Thanks! Today I worked with server everything was excellent. :ok_hand:

hi you not brasillll?

hi you are Brazilian because I 'm from Brazil what you guys play what do you like to play here?

This is the developer category. It’s for people who make games… not play them. :smile_cat:

Y8 Games