šŸ’« Freefall Tournament: General Discussion šŸ’«

Sup fellas!
I have to ask: is this game dead?
It was a ton of fun, but now, my game crashes after 10 mins of playing, my camera keeps swinging around for no reason and itā€™s impossible to play.
Any advice?
Btw I hope you guys rememmber me, itā€™s me, G4.Keshet2002

4 Likes

Itā€™s dead.
I have the same problems you have (mostly).
The best advice is to get a .exe game and leave the browser platform.
Yeah, youā€™re that guy who played scout.

2 Likes

Well, RIP FFT

3 Likes

Letā€™s just hope the devs make the right choices, FFT could become the next Halo, and Steam is the way to do it (for now).

2 Likes

Yup, I wanna have fun again in this game. And Keep dueling annoying commando players :wink:

2 Likes

The gameplay wasnā€™t the main reason i played FFT, it got boring most of the time, and it was only good when you played with other experienced players, mostly because of chat, chats in other games are usually cluttered with shit talkers.

Yo! Wb best scout.

Welcome back!

To be honest, got no clue in which state is it game now or how many old players are around, so someone who played recently can tell.

I play late at night almost everyday on US. I mostly play with South Americans and Asians. I meet often minh, leonidas, hendrickson, feremmanuel, return, santiago. If you are lucky, you might stumble on mahendra, blem or majorek. I met CombatWaffles twice in November or December, and met demonio1999 about 2 weeks ago. Arfax stopped playing.

The rooms get jerky when thereā€™s more than 6 or 8 players in. Itā€™s then impossible to snipe, it can even be hard to lock on an enemy with the right mouse button. I think some of my rail shots are not registered. I donā€™t know if Iā€™m biased or something, but there seems to be a high proportion of commandos and blasters. I canā€™t blame anyone for playing these as in the current state of the game (where everyone is teleporting), itā€™s more wise to play them.

2 Likes

I had this face :smirk: and u know why. xD

Yup when I played this is exactly what happened. The enemy team was just walking around shooting the sky. Everyone seemed clueless as to how to play the game. The game was laggy af and people were afk.

@jazzydaddy888 Thatā€™s the only players you see? Damn everyone is gone then. Do you still think the game is fun?

@Nox Arenā€™t you working with the Id.net team or communicating with them? Is there anything you can tell us about the game?

Like I said, I mainly play late at night. With some basic Spanish, Iā€™m able to speak with other players and have fun. Despite the lags and everything, itā€™s still possible to enjoy a game: I actually said ā€œggā€ once last week.

During the day you can meet other people like bluntsoldier, some old, almost unknown players that come back to see what the game is like and that say theyā€™ll never come back, and some G1-G5 farmers who donā€™t know how to play. I should really play during the afternoon, maybe there are more people than I think.

Tbh, I donā€™t think youā€™d enjoy coming back now. Almost every aspect of the game is infuriating.

The game was running smoothly on October or November. I wonder what happened since then.

@Nox :sweat_smile:

When working with WebGL ,we are technology dependent, browser updates can ruin or improve performance, which is something we cant control, browsers are working all together to give better performance but technology changes do not happen in a flash, but it happens in steps.

To be clear, we are waiting for browsers to improve webgl and webassembly performances, with SIMD Tech. coming up next, but due to no ETA , we might plan to find another way around.

==> Instead of waiting for browser updates, we have fasten up the discussion to make FFT- a PC game(steam) and a Mobile game, We did started some demo tests work on this, but due to our 3d modeler personal problems, we couldnā€™t go ahead, but we could get started anyway, still discussing within team.

@Rja12 Was actually off entire December due to health issues, nor I worked on FFT not sure for how long but pretty much since last patch notes. Iā€™m here now more like to explain something for forum users if they feel confused, ppl still can report if they think there is some issue (with other players or game) but Iā€™m 100% of time on other projects (unless maybe some change as fix or update happenes to FFT).

I agree with the statements above.
Iā€™m a relatively new player, play in the afternoon (Pacific Time), and I will almost always meet the same players. The others are guests. I have seen exactly one marshal, Ken388, but I havenā€™t seen him since. And thatā€™s considering that I play 2-3 hours per day.

For me, itā€™s not the lag thatā€™s really bothering me, but the lack of updates.
For instance, the medals system has been grayed out for years. it would be really nice to have that.

But for now, I enjoy the game. Itā€™s fun for now. Iā€™ll probably get all the heroes in a few months, and idk what ill do then.

Just my 2 cents.

3 Likes

Same reason why I left as player. Max rank, knew how to play all heroes, had all, just really nothing left to do for me. And probably around 8k hours lol.

Welp, Iā€™m trying over and over but I just canā€™t move fluidly with the camera probs. Anyone here? I just wanna talk xD

weā€™re in the same boat

Interesting,
I donā€™t have that problem. My camera moves relatively fluidlyā€¦ what is your cam doing?

Y8 Games