đŸ’« Freefall Tournament: General Discussion đŸ’«

Great to know you had good time playing FFT.

Also agreed, new player base of FFT, is not too strong, but they are learning and growing, might reach Pro level like you sooner maybe :wink:

Yes, problems with increased delays over last 2-3 weeks had been reported by @Nox recently, but importantly, during the last 2-3 weeks, we didn’t updated anything in the game or servers, it looks like some browser update degraded the performance OR traffic game has increased & we might need some more optimisation to deal with new traffic.

Delay in server responses is a major issue which we are working on right now, this is something going beyond webgl technology and finding a workaround to counter this part.

We’ll keep you notified on it, this is really a deep work that needs a lot of tests. Rest assured, we’ll definitely find a way to cross through this step.

Thanks for playing FFT.

Thank you for your time, Joll.

I’m a very patient guy, I’m confident you’ll find a solution.

I dont know if this can help you spot the problem, but here, read this:

I work from home about 6-10 hrs a day. In my work, I must do a lot a browsing and I use not too heavy software. I usually play between 11pm and midnight (so, at the end of the day). Well, one hour ago, I simply rebooted my computer and came back to FFT. The game was running very well again, and my ping was green again. I didnt feel any lag or “hiccups” during the hour I played. I’ll try the same process tomorrow: work, browse pages all day, and restart the computer at the end of the day to see if the same thing happens.

I use the latest version of Firefox, and a Firefox add-on called Clear Site Cache that automatically deletes cache from time to time. I’ve set it to work only on Y8. Clear Site Cache doesnt seem to have any good or bad effect on the game.

I don’t think it’s only u, as Joll stated up, any browser update can mess the game (or make it better). I suddently started having some lag spikes (past month or so), even tho my ping didn’t have any changes, lag spikes was still there. Also that weird change on Tank even if we didn’t do any nerfs/buffs on any class.

About things up, newest player base is weaker but as I said, not like FFT ever had many youtubers so they can look for quality gameplays and understand game a bit better, running on veterans just give them feeling that is a hack, especially if they didn’t play something similar as FFT before and ppl still play on alts/guest accs (yet they say how they ‘quit’). I was accused for hacking 2 years ago, 1 year ago and now, so that makes no difference for me, many don’t know possibilities (as I didn’t either, when I started). Just my point of view on it is how if any of us started now, it would be really questionable how good player we would be. So same goes for them. It was discussed before how many quit for X reasons, I know that I would spend even 3h per week in FFT if it’s not a part of my job, mainly because getting older changes priorities and ppl are lack of time when uni/work starts.

Note on that how this game is over 5 years old and even if it doesn’t seem like that, who started playing it in age of 15-16, is in uni now or working. Spending 5-6h in uni daily or around 8h on work, add stuff after that, legit no space for gaming or very little spare time.

2 Likes

It’s true that us, veterans, are a problem. I once tried underplaying to give a chance to new players. I was walking instead of running/sliding and sniping only (I’m decent at sniping, but not pro), but it became really boring.

I could play in EU servers, where there seems to be more pros, but I have a yellow ping there. Notheless, EU servers are still playable for me. I never play in Asia servers, or very rarely.

Same for me.

I swear that I am not that kind of guy. :innocent:

True that yellow ping is for sure not good as green, but its still not bad. Even in Web player had yellow ping in US server and game was perfectly fine, didn’t lag or anything.

Also I often feel like if I go in a room full of newbies, just gonna unbalance it a lot. No matter of difference in points, my team will always win and I’ll need 1-2 mins to get top kills and capture point then hold it for entire match. So it is unfair since clearly enemy team played better newb vs newb before I came and sorta ruined it for them. And matches like these are not fun of me, nor for them.

If u think about it, FFT never had nice explenation of how to use some hero, except that players made guides at the end, but game itself never had like 3 mins of official video showing off abilities with few tips, something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBBUVUmzxKk ofc voice is not needed, could be a simple text with gameplay vs different classes. And guides are simple too much of a text, many not even bother to read it. PIS and Panda are legit the only ones who has videos of pro plays/matches and real experience of what is possible to do, from their gameplay or from gameplay of ppl that played with them in those videos.So yeah, 2 ppl during 5 years.
And there is also high ranked ppl who are casual, average players and never considered as ‘pro’ because simple they didn’t play on that level (ulas is first person that came on my mind).

riiiiiiiiiight

Yup all the time.[quote=“jazzydaddy888, post:1484, topic:2753”]
I’ve had a good time in September and October playing FFT, despite of the delays. I’ve had lots of fun around midnight playing with Snit, Leonidas and a guy called Santiago. It reminded me of the old days. I’ve met also that funny guy called Vengeance_. Well, it’s still possible to enjoy the game.
[/quote]

I’ve tired to play several times but the screen is just too laggy for me to even try lol.[quote=“Joll, post:1485, topic:2753”]
Delay in server responses is a major issue which we are working on right now, this is something going beyond webgl technology and finding a workaround to counter this part.

We’ll keep you notified on it, this is really a deep work that needs a lot of tests. Rest assured, we’ll definitely find a way to cross through this step.
[/quote]

Great!

I did notice in EU they’re much more active/real players there. In NA all I see are mostly guest accounts.

I swear I never thought about it, yet it’s such a good idea. Official vids, accessible from the menu and that showcase each class in 3 mins (like you suggested), could make a big difference. It could help retain more players.

There should be some data in the menu, like Chop deals X dmg, while Heal guns heals Y hp. Like you know, we used to be able to see how much damage we were dealing. I believe that FRG, to fix lag issues, has taken that out. People complained about it, but some argued that “true players” didnt need any kind of data to play.

I felt FRG team always hid all the crucial infos. We never had a sound knowledge of how classes worked. For example, I think CombatWaffles was the first to figure out, after some time, how poison worked. We finally understood it all when Dodar (a dev) joined the discussion and confirmed CW’s conclusions.

Anyway, in 2 words, I’d like some numbers. More clarity could help retain more players.

You guys could do it like leauge of legends. For each new champion they upload a video on YouTube called “champion spotlights”. They basically explain all the abilities of the champion and how to use them correctly. This would be nice.

That game is cancer

2 Likes

Lol, it’s the only game I play now. It’s very fun. The only thing pretty bad about leauge is the community. They’re very toxic.

2 Likes

I had heard the community was really bad. Nonetheless I tried it and got bored of waiting 5 minutes for everyone to connect to the match. The game in itself is OK. I was playing the girl that uses magic of light (dont remember the name). I think I deleted the game when I had to quit a match once to help my gf for something. I received a message telling me it wasn’t good to leave the match until it was over. It was followed by that question: “I agree. Yes or No.” or “I understand and won’t do it, I promise.” Honestly, who are you to teach me ethics?

2 Likes

Official video is very first version of FFT which got almost nothing common with current one (or even web player one).
So we can have a situation: I randomly ran on FFT as random player, played it as guest (and didn’t understood anything), I go on Youtube first to check some videos about it and guess what, there is non. All I see is ‘official video’ which isn’t same game as it is now.

About numbers that shows damage/heal, I do agree and personally I don’t want bunch of numbers on my screen since it’s kinda distracting and at the end, it’s like a driving car. At first u pay attention how much u deal damage, at the end u just know how many hits are needed to kill someone even without numbers, based on experience/‘feeling’.
Before buying or even downloading a free game on Steam, I always check videos there before doing it and based on videos pretty much I decide will I play it or not (along with feedback from players in comments).

Especially part in that video which showed what is good about specific hero and on what he is weak.

About LoL, it’s in ‘nature’ of all PvP games to have a lot of toxic ppl, that’s why I found PvE games pretty relaxing and enjoyable to play. LoL itself isn’t a bad game, just community is (same goes for Ow and HotS).
Other than that, MOBA is a lot of time consuming and one match is between 20 and 40 mins. @jazzydaddy888 that’s why u probably got a message. In HotS bot replaces player that is missing, but as u can guess, bot is still a bot and near useless. Playing 40 mins something and to be left without one player and suddenly lose just because of that doesn’t feel great at all (LoL doesn’t have a bot that replaces, it’s just 5v4).

Anyone playing atm?

@jazzydaddy888 Yeah, they take people quitting matches in the middle of games very seriously and if you do it a a lot you will be banned. Because, it’s 5 v 5 and if one person leaves the game it becomes highly unlikely that the team with 4 people will win. But yeah the community is pretty bad lol. They flame you for playing poorly and constantly blame you for everything. I usually have to mute a few people every game. Also, I think the person you played with was Lux :P[quote=“Dea83, post:1497, topic:2753”]
LoL doesn’t have a bot that replaces, it’s just 5v4).
[/quote]

That’s actually a good idea that I will recommend on their forum. I’ve lost so many times because of afkers/quitters.

I feel the same about playing with newbies, it’s neither fun for them nor for me. I made a suggestion here how we could maybe slightly solve the issue with the veteran players.

Basically, have one server that’s marked for competitive play, where those players from the losing team with the lowest score get kicked each round.

I am not a big fan of that, mainly because in normal matches with better players Support matters as well but they are not dps. Or to be more precise, not as much as other classes. Other than that, Scout and Assassin are ‘cheap’ in term of they easily kill steal, Plus if i want to play with or vs friends, I don’t want to see them out of match, getting kicked.

So these are several problems with ur suggestion, in my opinion.

Edit: Especially this part [quote=“Zozzle, post:1500, topic:2753”]
where those players from the losing team with the lowest score get kicked each round.
[/quote]

Just because my team can’t kill anything, doesn’t mean I should be left in 5v1 because I have the highest score and I’m losing.

2 Likes

Happy Halloween Guys! :grinning:

2 Likes

do u guys still play fft?

Yeah

Servers reboot damn!

Y8 Games