šŸ’« Freefall Tournament: General Discussion šŸ’«

Now you see how terrible this problem is? I really hope this will be fixed soon. I really wanna wreck stuff again with my trusty saber.

2 Likes

Improving performance of WebGl Games.

Some players may experience performance issues when accessing WebGL games, especially those which are real-time multiplayer.

Whilst these games require a reasonably modern and moderately powerful computer and good network connection as a minimum, there are a number of steps you can take to improve performance if you think your set up meets the minimum requirement and yet the game is somewhat unresponsive.

Here are the steps you should take to make sure your browser is setup to work properly with WebGL:

For Google Chrome:

First, enable hardware acceleration:

1. Go to chrome://settings

2. Click the + Show advanced settings button

3. In the System section, ensure the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox is checked (youā€™ll need to relaunch Chrome for any changes to take effect)

Then enable WebGL:

1. Go to chrome://flags

2. Ensure that Disable WebGL is not activated (youā€™ll need to relaunch Chrome for any changes to take effect)

For Mozilla Firefox:

First, enable WebGL:

1. Go to about:config

2. Search for webgl.disabled

3. Ensure that its value is false (any changes take effect immediately without relaunching Firefox)

(Like Chrome, Firefox has a Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox, in Preferences > Advanced > General > Browsing. However, unlike Chrome, Firefox does not require this checkbox to be checked for WebGL to work.)

For Appleā€™s Safari:

Go to Safariā€™s Preferences

1. Select the Advanced tab

2. Ensure that the Show Develop menu in menu bar checkbox is checked

3. In Safariā€™s Develop menu, ensure that Enable WebGL is checked

Some other tips to increase performance in the game:

1. Preferably use Firefox or Edge

2. Disable any kind of ad-blocking extensions

3. Close other tabs and browser windows

4. Close other programs that may be consuming your computerā€™s resources and network connection especially web browsers, communications and messaging apps like Skype and make sure no downloads are being done (P2P, torrents or OS updates).

5. Lower game quality settings

6. In some browsers, especially Chrome, sizing down the browser window can improve performance especially if you are running an HD / FullHD screen.

7. A WebGL game with a multiplayer component can run slower due to connection or internet problems for yourself or other players. Closing your browser and restarting might help.

8. If in Chrome, type chrome://flags/ in the address bar, ensure that ā€œOverride software rendering listā€ is ā€œEnabledā€

Hope this helps.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeh, but this issue isnā€™t here from the start, happened recently or so. Even sniping targets that didnā€™t move required insane effort and nothing with being rusty, my cam/scope just went on opposite side. Not nice feeling to see the game in this shape.

This started happening after thereā€™s was an update on Chrome and Firefox which degraded performance, weā€™ll see how to fix it. Pinged you on the side channel.

This issue will get worse when number of players in room grow(above 8). Meanwhile, we were a bit focussed on getting the steam demo.

just saying, devs, it wonā€™t be any good if youā€™ve lost all your players when you roll out the steam demo. Best to focus on the pressing issues first. cough @Joll

@Cpt.Joe We are totally webgl technology dependent, unless and until browsers upgrade performance of webgl, we cant do anything inFFT, especially related to lags and delays. WebGL is still a new technology which is in most use now after flash is blocked by Chrome.

So players will never get webplayer like performance in webgl, so steam is the way to get the performance. Thats why we focussed on steam.

We are still trying best to fix the lags issues in WebGL , but we cant eliminate it until browsers do something.

For instance, Chrome and Firefox had SIMD arrays tech. in mind to launch which should get us 20% more boost, but the browsers delayed its launch. This directly affected us.

So weā€™ll follow both WebGL improvements(finding rooms of improvement) & steam version parellely.

I read topics on kongregate about blaster is nerfedā€¦

Blaster is really nerfed?
If yes how?
where is the changelog about the modifications?

Blaster isnā€™t nerfed but regarding ur question ā€˜where is challengeā€™ if Blaster ever gets nerfed, actually would require some effort and challenge to play it, unlike now.

WHAT WHAT??? WHAT CHALLANGE???,

I DONT WRITE CHALLANGE, I write CHANGELOG, about blaster nerfed.

Or written track about modificationsā€¦

I want to know the where is the changelog, all updates ever in game.

O sorry, read it wrong. Any change that has been made is in patch notes, FFT is not on Kongregate anymore so no need to track the changes there. Official changes comes only from me and no one else.

You make the changes? You are the boss here or what? You are the developer?

I dont look before 2017,

where is the patch notes before 2017?

In 2015 i saw a comment in kongregate blaster is nerfedā€¦

Not really sure why are u checking posts from 2015, it has nothing to do with Y8 changes that are made. However, as much as I remember, old dev accidently broke Blaster and reverted it back to the old one, so Blaster is exactly the same as it was years ago.

Iā€™m not the boss nor the dev (Iā€™m Y8 employee and FFT is one of my tasks here), but I am writing patch notes when devs fix stuff, so players can see what is changed.

Please answer me.

Anyone playing fft atm? Getting bored playing with guests.

I played on kongaregate 1 year, and all z cash and heroes alll deleted. I am angry. My username is Atompocok. You know how to recover old kongregate account. I have blaster, blazer, assasin on old account, now nothing, i forget my password kongregate account, and i forget the old email addres, i cant recover it, i cant write the secret code about me section. I m get nerfed. My username here Atompocok. The kongregate same. Do you know help me?

i dont know what is ffft atmā€¦

And just a very big question of life.

blaster or commando or bomber is stronger in cps?

Y8 Games