💫 Freefall Tournament: General Discussion 💫

It would be easier to post a video so we can see visually what is ur issue.

2 Likes

I restarted my comp and recorded some footage. I have a wired connection. I was running Firefox and had 4 tabs open: https://www.wordreference.com/, https://www.linguee.fr/, http://www.granddictionnaire.com/ and http://www.btb.termiumplus.gc.ca/. I don’t believe they take up much resources since they are just online dictionaries.

There was often 10+ people in the rooms where I recorded. I recorded with bandicam. Just to be sure I played with and without this program, and saw no difference on performance.

jumpy camera01

jumpy camera02 (many videos in one)

quantic enemy

It may not seem obvious at first as everything goes fast, so it may require you to watch twice.

Mmm got no clue whats that program u used to post a video. But if u want a simple method - just go on Google drive, upload there, share link here.

I can empathize with the camera issue, mine keeps flipping suddenly back when i’m trying to look around sometimes.

Was just scrolling down here and looking for any old players I knew like rja and captainwaffles; anyone know if any really old players still play anymore?

I played back when the game had four classes, came back last month and I’m having a good time with it now

Well that was really long time ago xD

Many players left due to growing up and school/work responsibility, lack of updates, unplayable state that game was in with bunch of hackers and at the end not happy with Webgl port since game isn’t smooth anymore.

I believe after getting some Webgl games to check, this is common issue + accuracy. I’m not happy with Webgl either, but they might improve it with time.

Alright, checked that camera issue and indeed it’s a huge problem. For me it was unplayable, let alone impossible to snipe.

is it only me or everyone has quit fft?

While there are definitely not as much regular players as before, the game seems to be barely surviving. There are usually 2 or 3 full games at any given point in the day(average of 12 players per game) plus the collection of rooms with one or two players in them. so that’s maybe around 150 players if you count all the servers together. Not much, and the demographic has definitely changed. There are still a few generals and marshals floating around from time to time but most players are just guests or recruits.

Oh wow guess I’m wrong then. But I still maintain that something like that is an exception to the norm

2 Likes

Depends in which time u check. My pic was from afternoon central EU time.
And if there was a reboot, kicks players from the server and everyone is able to rejoin after that.

The game is unplayable in full rooms with lots of players; the camera makes it hard to target a player with the mouse right button. But the other day I was able to do a snipe battle with a friend, for about 30-40 mins. We were only 2 in the room. Everything was perfectly fluid.

That’s why I’d like to see a couple 8/8 rooms, or even 6/6. This way, pros could stick together and have an almost lag-free experience. And guests in other rooms would be able to enjoy the game without being killed every second. Maybe we could also retain more new players this way. Just an idea.

3 Likes

Good Info, thanks for sharing :wink:

As said, we are looking to try Steam & Mobile version, work has been started onto it. We’ll let everyone know, once we have the PC version demo.

I agree cow, that is out of the norm
This is my lobby when i usually login,

EU has better population compared to US btw.

You mean they dont smoke ?:grin:

You didnt restore my HideOnline Data.I informed you about a month back.Do look into it.Thanks.@Ankit

HI ALL MEN!!! How are you?

I encounter the same problem

I encounter the same problem, exept the camera always makes it hard for me. No matter the number of player, it will always ruin the sequence of my movement. This, at least for me, ruins the game experience. I’m trying over and over but nothing helps. Hope the problem will be found and fixed soon.

Y8 Games