Submachine Gun Scout

An idea I had for Scout when I was playing her extremely late and getting my ass kicked until i switched to SG:

Primary Weapon: Submachine Gun

Secondary Weapon: Doped Knife

W: Turbo Boost - Massively increases Scout’s speed for a short time. Scout’s fire rate is also greatly increased when this ability is active

E: Thunder Slash - Performs a jet-assisted, electronically charged, flying slash. Electricity chains to nearby enemies, causing them to take more damage from Scout for a short period of time.

R: ‘Reloading’ with the Doped Knife performs a Dashing Lunge. Can be triggered at any time. Scout cannot reload her Submachine Gun if it is not completely empty. Scout will still automatically reload her Submachine Gun.

F: Haze Bomb - Launches a device that emits a sparkling swarm of nanites, confounding enemy targeting systems. Scout’s targeting is increased by 50% while Haze Bomb is active. Scout cannot use Thunder Slash or perform Dashing Lunge while affected by Haze Bomb.

Misc: Doped Knife has hugely reduced range from Doped Saber and reduced damage.

The goal of this is to place the emphasis on Scout’s SG. In single fights, the goal would be to land a Dash and then strafe with SG, maybe performing Turbo Boost if necessary. In team fights, the goal would be to land a Haze Bomb and then Dash in and Turbo.

I feel like this would place less emphasis on Scout being a solo fighter that gets quickly focused down or AoE’d in teamfights. Instead, Scout would be a beneficial ranged fighter. However, to prevent Scouts from just diving, spamming abilities and sustaining everyone down, she can’t use her two most important abilities, Dash and Slash, while in the range of Haze (this doesn’t prevent her from Dashing or Slashing into the Haze). This would also fix one of my long-standing annoyances with Scout: I like using Saber Chop as a mobility tool, but it’s difficult to switch weapons, trigger, and switch back in the middle of a fight. Now, you can just use Dashing Lunge as an auto-trigger. The only issue would be how to display the timer.

Obviously, this isn’t an actual suggestion for changes to Scout. I like how she’s set up right now; I think it would be interesting, however, to see people use more of her primary.

Very interesting and well-thought our proposal.
However there is one problem. SMGing everyone doesn’t require that much skill. If this wa implemented, everyone would throw down haze and SMG. All you need to do - click right click and hold. Whereas using the Saber requires timing and precision, not just pressing mouse buttons, to use.

Sometimes, the ranged weapon isn’t the weapon most people use - even if it is the listed main weapon. Scout, most people use Sabre. Tank, most use Mauler. Assassin, no one uses needlers unless to refresh poison.

My point is that as well thought out a proposal this is - it would make more people use SMG, and that doesn’t require anything except holding down mouse keys.

what kind of infectious abomination are you trying to bring upon us?
there’s really nothing nice or friendly i can say here,it’s like seeing a recipe for a terrible joke class just for the sake of having our eyes cringe from disgust

Oh, you liked it! I’m so pleased.

The Blue Death, obviously. AKA Dashing Slash.

Honestly, you’re too kind.

Wow. I’m so humble…frankly, I have no idea what you’re trying to say here. A for effort, though! It’s so nice to receive support for ideas.

I don’t understand the point of this thread, you’re suggesting suggestions to a class but you’re saying these aren’t really suggestions? Is this some kind of appretiation thread for scout and his abilities or how you play him?

From what i can tell you basically stated what his skills do and just pointed out what players usually do when playing him and that is all, and some totally not suggestions.

I guess i could provide some critisim towards one of your suggestions but i don’t understand why scout should be unable to manually reload his smg, i’d hate to give away my position and waste time because i have to litterally shoot the rest of the smg to get it to reload. Did you even think this over? like how infuriating would it be to start reloading when you first engage the enemy because u had 7 bullets left in the mag because you cant manually reload, you’d probably lose in that fight…

It’s a saber, not knife.

This thread was an example of a possible Scout kit that was focused almost completely on SMG. It’s not a suggestion because I don’t really think that Scout’s kit needs to be changed that drastically. I just found it an interesting thing to consider and was curious what other people thought of it.

The reason that Scout couldn’t manually reload her SMG was because I needed a way to display the cooldown timer for Scout’s Dashing Lunge (the ‘reload’ attack with her knife that could be performed with SMG out). It’s not something that I really care about or consider essential to this kit; I could just as easily remove it and just display the cooldown timer some other way.

I changed it from a Saber to a Knife because of the shorter range, lower damage, different attacks, etc.

I never really understood why it was called a Saber, tbh, because 1. Sabers are cavalry weapons and, awesome as it would be, Scout doesn’t have a horse and 2. Sabers are curved, and, judging from the back of Scout’s weapon, her sword isn’t. It really looks like an oversized combat knife with holes in the middle for some reason.

Combat Knife:

Scout Sword:

Aye but knife is shorter. I do agree 3D models of the weapon(s) are not that great, saber included.

Y8 Games