Frequently Asked Questions/Need Help?

Q. How to get better performance in FFT WebGL ?
A. WebGL is still a relatively new technology and browsers are working hard with unity team to make it better and its always recommended to update your browser no matter if it is Google Chrome or Firefox because with every new update they fix lot of previous webgl issues.

Instructions of how to update your browser

Firefox: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95414?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95414?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

And also try to close all unused tabs of the browsers because at times it can do the magic.

Q. What do I do when things do not work?
A. If you are having problems loading or connecting, please try these options one at a time(in order):
1. Refresh your browser.
2. Restart your browser.
3. Reboot your computer.
4. Check your internet connection.
5. Message a Moderator with the details of the problem.
Note: Option 5 may take some time to receive a response because the Moderators have a lot of responsibility and a lot to do with little time. Remember they have outside lives too!

Q. Who are the Moderators and where can I get in contact with them?
A. Moderators are developers and players who work hard to keep this game fair and fun for all. The best way to get in contact with them now is through Kongregate Private Messaging using their Kong usernames. The player Moderators can change; however, the current in-game Moderators are:
KongName/ModeratorAccountName

AndreaC200/NoxAnima

Q. Why can I not register?
A. Since the game is now owned by Y8.com the best place to register your account is on Y8.com and follow the on-screen instructions.
http://www.y8.com/register

Q. Why can I not log in?
A. There can be multiple reasons why you cannot log in, try these solutions:

1. Make sure your password is correct.
  2. Make sure you are on the correct website to play the game. You can only play your account on the website you registered on, your progress does not spam across the multiple websites that host this game.
  3. Make sure you are connected to the internet.
  4. Check to see if the servers are down for an update. Sometimes this game goes through updates to where no one can log-in. Before you make a big deal over not being able to log in and making a new thread on the forums, check to see if the servers are down and that you are not the only one that is not able to log-in.
  5. Report your problem on the forums under the Report Bugs thread.
  6. If all else fails you can message one of the developers (preferably Ankit) with your issue and he can help you from there.

Q. I forgot my password, how can I get my account back?
A. It depends on the website you play on, most websites have their own way of recovering passwords which usually require you to remember your email. As long as you remember the accounts email and it is a viable email then you can reset your password and get back onto your account.

Q. What are administrators/moderators and how can I become one?
A. Administrators and Moderators are developers and players alike that work hard to keep this game fun and fair for everyone. Whether they are a part of the developer team and work for Y8/ID.net or are loyal players that contribute hours to this game because they want to; they are a resource for the average player if there is ever a problem. Just remember these people have lives, be respectful and patient when going to them with a problem because they have many people to help with not enough time in the day to help all of you.

So how can I become one of these Admins/Mods? Moderators are players just like you and me and were chosen by the developers to keep this game in order. Moderators have to be responsible; they follow the rules, are active, help whenever they can, and contribute to the success of the game whenever possible(among other things), if you think you have what it takes don’t ask the developers to become a Mod, the developers come to you to be Mod not the other way around. Trust, if you are the right player to be a Moderator then the Developers will go to you. Do not ask to be a Moderator!

Q. How can I mute toxic players in-game?
A. Type into the chat this command “/mute playername” and that player will be muted until you unmute them using the unmute command “/unmute playername”.

Q. What is Freefall Tournament?
A. Freefall Tournament (FFT) is a fast paced, space marine themed Third Person Shooter designed to be played on a browser platform. Originally created by FreeRange Games and currently owned by Y8.com a property of Web Entertainment Limited and partnered with ID.net.

Q. What is the best hero?
A. The developers at Y8/ID.net are working hard to keep all of the heroes balanced, so it depends on your playstyle. You could play all of them if you want!

Q. What is coming next?
A. The developers are constantly working on new things to add to the game, all based off of your guys suggestions! If you would like to suggest something new post it here. Who knows it might be used in the next update!

Q. How do I get better?
A. Practice! All those players you see racking up the kills with very few deaths did not start playing yesterday. Some players have played for over two years! Do not give up because you are not doing well, go back out there and try again. We were all in your shoes at some point.

Q. Where do I report players?
A. You report players here. Make sure to remember the toxic players name as well as have proof! Whether it be multiple screenshots of negative behavior or a simple recording of the wrong-doing.[details=Summary]This text will be hidden[/details]

2 Likes

Turd.
My in-game name is Belisarius.

It helps to know their mod name so that when they see them in-game they know it’s a moderator. Also, the OS has horrible FAQs.

1 Like
Y8 Games