👍 rebalance 2 👎 (voting open until 6/16/2018)

• Second part of rebalancing
  • Removing self damage from EMP mine and Fragmentation mine
  • Yes, no more self damage
  • No, self damage should stay

0 voters

Why is removing self damage on these 2 an possibility:

All bombs has self damage, but here are the reasons why I suggested removing on practiculary EMP and Frag. mines:

• unlike other bombs, mines can be destroyed (all 3 at once) by sliding over them. Which rather seems unfair, considering that it goes wasted pretty often without damaging any enemy
  • strategically looking, Shocker and Tech will mostly place mines near them/on capture point. Because of that, self damage or death from own mines happen pretty often
  • support is already squishier than other heroes and buffing their damage doesn’t seem like a right thing to do
  • there is no way to tell what’s the difference between enemy and own mines (visually, Shocker vs Shocker/Tech vs Tech)
1 Like

the damage should stay,i don’t know if anything even changed,but far as i remember,support spams are already terrible as they are. the moment your own mines won’t hurt you,not only the attacking team would lose a major advantage (which is already a huge risk),but techs and shockers could mindlessly put them wherever they want with almost no penalty.
other then that,for your reasons,
reason A.other bombs are weapons,mines are traps. why wouldn’t it be fair? it wouldn’t make much of an offensive difference either if they wouldn’t damage the user
B.by saying that,you encourge the fact that techs/shockers should simply place packs of mines on the control point while expecting 0 penalty. not only it shouldn’t matter since people place suppresors and aegises on the roof,it just ruins the point of thinking more strategically with your mines.
C.then how does your solution help them? i could sit and think of other solutions but there’s no chance in hell your solution would give mines more of an offensive use to the classes.
D.then make one,seriously,just draw the mines blue/yellow and give an indication for your team (and your team only).

There is no support spam currently. Support spam was an answer from players to Heavy spam. What u talk about is period 1+ year ago.

They are traps but both of these 2 take their time to reach ammo and legit any other class can do it better/faster (except blazer). Will other classes gonna constantly have at least 1-2 bombs, support gonna use their and in more intense matches hardly they gonna have more, unless they die.

but given the fact that nothing has changed so far,support spams could return the moment people would find themselves buying the classes. and oh dear God it wasn’t just an answer to heavy spams… it was the answer to literally every single thing on the game,for how unbreakable they were
speaking of that,you should propose a vote about making aegis’s unhealable,since that could seriously help against those

Actually I was there when very first support spam started. And it legit started because my team couldnt deal with full Tank/Blaster team. That was the time when ppl figured out that’s the only way to win the game.
IN CASE it happens again, there will be either nerf for support or buff for other classes.

This is not the only change. Every class except Bomber gonna be nerfed/buffed or both.

atleast the promises are more believable with the steam version… but you should keep in mind that the support classes are rather stationary,it should make sense they wouldn’t go for extra mines during the match unless it’s really necessary

Yeh but then why would ppl feel frustrated how removing self damage is a thing? When unlike the other classes, they not gonna have them constantly. Someone can slide over them, gets no dmg, yet i get dmg and die eventually. Thats the problem here. Not really a big fan of abusing something op, that’s why it won’t get ignored if support spam comes back.

Also this is a good suggestion, gonna make vote for it and I also think it should ‘go away’. Kinda make sense that it can be repaired by Tech, but in reality that’s just ‘too much’.

If adding a 4th mine to the support classes isn’t a possibility, I think removing the self damage would be another way of compensating for the weak amour.

No, bomb number remains the same on every class.

wait so all heroes are nerfed? is the rail gun gonna be nerfed too?

Some abilities are nerfed while others buffed to make the classes balanced. Sniping has a fairly large learning curve so wouldn’t make much sense to nerf Railgun :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t see why Rail should get nerfed, but maybe I’m missing something? I do like how Rail gun doesn’t have typical system ‘one-shot-insta-death’ nor it ever dealt absurd damage.

I used to die A LOT of times from my shocker and tech mines
sometimes I kill my self with other bombs to sacrifice, or just a suicide
blaster my funny sacrifice tecnique (sorry if you did it first, I didn’t see anybody use it) I just go to the highest I can fly then I just aim at somebody standing still I fall down, press shift, shoot a lot of rockets and continuosly press F for no reason after the 3 of them are gone with me and when I am close enough shoot some bullets with the minigun while falling down then explode myself with the enemy. gENiUs

commando: when my health is low I can sacrifice myself for a kill, run at the enemy with low health then explode us both with my F. EAsy kilL (wait, did I just mention EA?)

bomber: same sacrifice like the blaster but instead of rockets there are grenades from my primary gun

btw I kill myself by accident with the heroes that I mentioned with the sacrifices

explode my self with my F as the tank

stun and burn myself with bomber’s F

doesn’t know that he already set a remote bomb and explodes himself as the commando

tech and shocker die because their mines explode after some time

gunner (rarely use gunner so it’s rare that I suicide as him ,I am very bad at sniping) F my armor is down which makes it easier to die or just died instantly if health is low

tY fOR rEaDIng

Y8 Games